Anyone know where you can get strings for the steel Seagull Electro Uke.

rps

Reaction score
Hello all,

I’ve been researching getting an electric-acoustic uke and am leaning toward the Seagull Electro. I’m also thinking about the steel stringed model.

However, I’ve been looking to see where I can get replacement strings and I can’t find a spot anywhere.....even looking at the Seagull site I couldn’t see strings for the Electro.

Anyone have one and if so where did you get the strings.

Just trying to get my ducks in a row before I buy.

Thanx
Rp

Pretty sure they're just standard electric guitar strings.

Thanx for the advice. I noticed that the Seagull website indicated that the strings were discontinued....so consensus is match the gauge and length with guitar strings and cut to fit.....that seems easy enough.

I do find it curious that Godin would stop selling the strings......a harbinger of the Uke I wonder....

Strings are strings, so, like others have said, just use electric guitar strings. If like the feel of the old set, measure the old strings with a caliper and shop for a set with similar measurements. I'm guessing a light or extra light set will do (e.g., .009 first string).

Thanx for the advice. I noticed that the Seagull website indicated that the strings were discontinued....so consensus is match the gauge and length with guitar strings and cut to fit.....that seems easy enough.

I do find it curious that Godin would stop selling the strings......a harbinger of the Uke I wonder....

Yes they are just regular electric guitar steel strings. Easily available.
However.
What is unique, and a reason why you would want a "special" set from the manufacturer is the fact that the instrument is setup for reentrant tuning. This may require buying an individual string or two, yet again this IS doable.
If it was me however I would change the instrument to linear tuning (to do this accurately would require a new saddle) and then just use/experiment with the high four or middle four strings from a standard guitar set.
It is absolutely doable yet will require a little experimenting on your behalf. I guess that the vast majority of the current users were experimenting themselves and as such there wasn't sufficient demand for a factory set from the manufacturer.

These are the strings on my Mann Solid body uke.

D’addario XL Electric

.010p
.014p
.018w
.026w

Strings by Mail:

D’addario XL

NW018
NW026
PL010
PL014

Top Bottom