Brad Donaldson Vintage longneck koa/spruce longneck soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

barisaxer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Wonderful sounding Kumalae-style concert-scale soprano built by luthier extraordinaire, Brad Donaldson. Highly figured koa back/sides with 40 yr. Engelmann spruce top. No issues—perfectly set up with low action just above 2mm at the 12th fret. Immaculately & lightly built to be responsive, focused and loud. Beautiful tone woods and workmanship details both inside and out. The koa is stunning. In good condition and was custom ordered and built last year. It’s a fantastic mezzo soprano, but I am needing to fund some repairs on two vintage instruments received recently.
500.00 shipped From Albany OR continental USA

details: Semi-gloss nitro finish. Upgrades include Waverly friction tuners with koa buttons. Koa peg head. Fret markers on both on front and sides. 14.75-inch scale; 17 frets in total with 14 to body. Multi-colored-wood marquetry soundhole rosette. Ebony nut and saddle. Rosewood string-through bridge. Old growth Honduran mahogany neck with Martin-like profile. Nut width is 36mm. Slightly bigger “banjo” gauge fret wire for easier playability. Front, back bindings and endgraft are East Indian rosewood with white/black/white purfling.L1100047.jpgL1100048.jpgL1100049.jpgL1100051.jpg

I hope someone buy this because it’s a GREAT deal. To me, Mr. Brad’s ukulele is one of a kind and the quality is top notch. Unfortunately, it’s not that right time for me because I just got my custom Donaldson 2 weeks ago.

Benjamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom