Season 442 - NOW That's What I Call Ukulele!

White Christmas. Remember when it would snow so much you could make tunnels and forts?
You can hear the katydids, crickets And peepers in the background.

Last edited:
Hello, Andy! I have jumped ship from my season, which is probably highly illegal. I found this song - one I really like - on album 35.

Here's Peter Frampton's "Baby I Love Your Way", played on concert ukulele with singing and shaker, with overdubs of Ashbory Ubass and secondary vocal. The song was featured on NTWICM #28, as the band Big Mountain had a hit in the UK with a cover version in the mid 1990s.

This is an old song that was covered by Gary Shearston, who I have never heard of, and was on the album NOW 100 Forgotten Hits 70s, so I guess his cover was from the 70s. As is usual for songs like this when making a contemporary recording, he used only the chorus. I did the whole song. When only the chorus is used, it sounds like a love song, but when you hear the whole thing, you realize it is actually a lost love song.

Also I recently got a Webaround green screen.

Sheryl Crow’s cover made NOW #15. I played my 1920s Gibson!

Last edited:
Wow, Christmas in August. Pretty great seeing as how I am beginning to think we'll be having a quiet Christmas at home as opposed to traveling to see family 3000 miles away.

The playlist is current to here. Thank you all for your fantastic entries so far. I have included everybody's contributions, but would like to remind you please that only Numbered Volumes of the NTWICM compilations are eligible. They can be from any country's series (e.g., vol. 20 in the UK is different from vol. 20 in the USA), but they must be from a NTWICM Vol. X.

You only have yourself to blame for this Andy. Don't know which one this would have been on but there's no way didn't make an appearance on one.

My kids love this one so they decided to join in.

You only have yourself to blame for this Andy. Don't know which one this would have been on but there's no way didn't make an appearance on one.

What blame? It’s a good song and seeing as I covered a handful of seasons ago I’d be hard pressed to deny it here. Plus it’s got a brilliant rhythm section and back up singers.

But, even though she has been featured several times on the NOW compilations I’m not sure this one made it. Good guess though, it would have been one of my first.

Still, I love it and it’s staying and I want to say again how much I enjoy when you and other Seasonistas include your musically-inclined kids. So thanks for this one Ryan.

What blame? It’s a good song and seeing as I covered a handful of seasons ago I’d be hard pressed to deny it here. Plus it’s got a brilliant rhythm section and back up singers.

But, even though she has been featured several times on the NOW compilations I’m not sure this one made it. Good guess though, it would have been one of my first.

Still, I love it and it’s staying and I want to say again how much I enjoy when you and other Seasonistas include your musically-inclined kids. So thanks for this one Ryan.

Ah sorry Andy! I promise to do my research for my next one! Thanks for being understanding though

I started to browse through the track listings at volume 1, and kept going...feeling a bit uninspired (and wondering what all these songs were that I don't remember at all). And then I found volume 12 - an oasis in the desert. This was Danny Wilson's biggest hit. The band was named after a Frank Sinatra film, a last minute decision when their original choice, Spencer Tracy, was objected to by his estate.

What a great season to (hopefully) come back to. Really fun theme, that might just have to make me dig out some of my 20 or so volumes of NOW. X3

Future boy band in the making!

Album 23 Track 13 ....Who knew !! Performed on my Self Proclaimed Bariguilele.

Englishman In New York, by Sting from #18. Love these Police & Sting songs, lotsa fun for me! Learned it this morning, took 2 takes to get this into my smartphone. Sorry I couldn't do the swingy jazz part in the middle, my sax is on the blink :rolleyes: I tuned the uke down to A to suit my vocal range; most of song is just Am, D, Em chord shapes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom