Season 442 - NOW That's What I Call Ukulele!

SOTU 442 - Celebration.A poem by Charles Bukowski about a cat that survives against all odds.
Where there is a will there is a way.

So one of biggest artist in the world's biggest songs didn't make it in to a Now album, but an alt-rock power ballad with a weird name did make number 75. I've also been looking for an excuse to play this recently.

Also it seems YouTube automatically disable comments on my last video because of the boys. Which is good I guess but it would have been nice if them to say.

Another gem from volume 12, and Morrissey at his most miserable. But I like it, as it reminds me of the place my parents retired to.

Track 9 from NOW 58. Rather deluded to think I could possibly handle the vocal side of this one, but I gave it a go anyway! :D

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for setting the bar so high (again). The playlist should include everything to here. If I missed you please let me know.

Thanks everyone for setting the bar so high (again). The playlist should include everything to here. If I missed you please let me know.
Sorry to be a pain Andy, but I’ve re-uploaded my ‘Hey Ya!’ vid as it needed some vocal tweaks. Could you amend the playlist accordingly please? Cheers mate! :)

Lonely No More (Rob Thomas cover)

Here is a cover of Rob Thomas's "Lonely No More", which was featured on the Australian "Now Winter 2005" compilation.

Next week I will have to choose a song which isn't about loneliness....three weeks in a row would be too much!

I have daughter and granddaughter visiting this week so it's lookimg unlikely I'll get an entry done. Pity, this looks a good week.

When I was growing up I didn't really give a lot of pop music a chance. In lieu of an actual personality I thought disliking anything with even an ounce of what I considered production would make me edgy and cool. It didn't. That being said I absolutely loved this song at the time, still do and I've been wanting to play it for the longest time. Didn't make the cut when it first came out in 2007 but oddly made it into Now72 but with added Kylie. I can't find that version anywhere because Kylie herself has a much more famous duet called Kids that she did with Robbie Williams. Anyway, this is by MGMT and it's how I've spent my morning with an empty house.

From NOW #84 - song "Try" (2012) by Michael Busbee and Ben West. I bribed the cats to recreate some dance moves from P!nk video. :)

This song appears on Volume 24 of the series. Most of it is easy, like the title suggests, but some of it was damn hard, as my off-key singing suggests....

I will go back-to back Norah Jones two weeks in a row with this one.
Is is track 14 on the US Volume 11.

Playlist should be current to here.

:rulez:
The shackles are off!

I don’t want to think about having to play traffic matron, so if it was on any NOW compilation, Holiday, Hits of Decade X, whatever, I don’t care. Let’s here some pop hits!

I have daughter and granddaughter visiting this week so it's lookimg unlikely I'll get an entry done. Pity, this looks a good week.

Enjoy your visit Geoff. If you can get something in, great. If not but feel like you still want to play to the theme toss it up on the Island and let me know, I’d be happy to add it to the playlist.

Top Bottom