Cocobolo Ukulele Lottery Sale

Right, there aren't any bad ones. I Kinda like the two toned fretboards, not boring at all. I think they actually help me 'see' the frets better.

I have won four of them, and I bought one that was offered for sale. I probably entered the lottery for over a year without winning. I was about to buy one form someone here, but I said, "Wait till the lottery drawing tomorrow in case I win." I won! I also won the following month and a few months after that.

He doesn't make many ukes, so a lottery is the alternative to charging $1,000 for them. His production is much faster than it used to be. The look beautiful, feel beautiful, and sound beautiful. Everyone should have one.

I just looked them up. I won in April of last year, June, October, November, January. One of them was an outright purchase that he offered.
So you have … FOUR of them? That’s a lot, even for you.

So you have … FOUR of them? That’s a lot, even for you.
Thread is over two years old... he may have more than four by now!

On the previous few CB emails, there were some that were not sold. The first time, it is up for immediate sale. The second time one is in the email, it is often discounted $50 to $150.

I think the post that bumped this thread up might've been spam but it was certainly a proper one because Cocobolo ukes are indeed on sale right now. 😄 A bunch of tenors and a few concerts with a $150 discount. Really nice looking ones as well with lovely sapwood. Get 'em while they're hot!

I think the post that bumped this thread up might've been spam but it was certainly a proper one because Cocobolo ukes are indeed on sale right now. 😄 A bunch of tenors and a few concerts with a $150 discount. Really nice looking ones as well with lovely sapwood. Get 'em while they're hot!
Yup!! So hard to keep UAS under control with such beauties on sale.

Thread is over two years old... he may have more than four by now!

On the previous few CB emails, there were some that were not sold. The first time, it is up for immediate sale. The second time one is in the email, it is often discounted $50 to $150.

Ooof! I should’ve looked at the date of the earlier posts before replying!

Pardon my ignorance- but where/what is this lottery please?

Pardon my ignorance- but where/what is this lottery please?
Generally, Cocobolo ukuleles sell through a lottery system. You get on their email list, then when they have a batch ready, they email everyone about the batch of ukes and then send an individual email for each uke with a link to the lotto for that uke. You then have a chance to put your name in, and if you win, you have the right to buy it. If no one puts their name on the list for that uke, or the lottery winner passes, it becomes immediately available for anyone to purchase. https://www.cocoboloukuleles.com/

Right now, there a few that no one bought through the lottery system or once immediately available, so they have dropped the price to clear them out. As best I can tell, you still need to be on their email list to buy, as they don’t update their website store.

From a Cocobolo email today:

We have several ukuleles that we are selling with Clearance Pricing AND Free Shipping!

This is a total savings of up to $269!​

It is unclear if these are previous lottery ones that were not bid on or a new policy for them. The site link does not mention the free shipping, but inquire about it if you are interested.

I've been on the list for Lottery notification for several weeks and now have an invitation to participate in an upcoming lottery, signed up for every instrument they are offering. Seems odd when you have to win a drawing, in order to purchase an instrument, but it's probably better than having a five-year waiting list (or whatever it would be).

Has anybody in these forums won this lottery sale before? How many times did it take before you got an instrument? Somebody please sprinkle some fairy dust on me, or something (anything) for me to get one of their ukes.
Yes, I have won the chance to spend several hundred dollars. :LOL:

You're smart to bid on each one you might want. If you win, but you don't want it, they offer them for sale later. I think that's the way it works. If I didn't want one, I wouldn't bid on it. That just complicates things.

I was about to buy one from someone here years ago, but I wanted to wait until the lottery ended. I won the lottery! You do see them for sale occasionally, but not that often. I sold one and regretted it. I bought one from someone on this forum last week. Several people in my group have them, and they love them. The color shown on his site is redder than in person.

Kevin Keith - the boss - is a very nice guy.

EDIT: Wow! This post dates from August 2020.

From a Cocobolo email today:

We have several ukuleles that we are selling with Clearance Pricing AND Free Shipping!

This is a total savings of up to $269!​

It is unclear if these are previous lottery ones that were not bid on or a new policy for them. The site link does not mention the free shipping, but inquire about it if you are interested.
They are still doing the lottery process for all new builds. The ukuleles on their square site are ones that were never successfully purchased through their lottery process, I think they also sometimes include seconds there.

Yes, I've won two. A concert and a 5 string tenor. I like them both. It honestly didn't take me long, and one time I was offered a uke as a backup buyer. Not to worry, you'll get your opportunity. If it was a concert you were looking for I'd offer you mine. I prefer tenor. I only took the concert because I really wanted to try a Cocobolo.

They are nice. I had one. Found I preferred a wider neck/nut though. If they made a Nice Tenor with 1.5" I'd think about one again. Most are 1.375" Some nice buys on that sale page. Shipping was fast, it was well packed etc. Buy with confidence. Cocobolo is dense, so they are a little heavy if you are not familiar with them. Very well made. Excellent ukes.

They are nice. I had one. Found I preferred a wider neck/nut though. If they made a Nice Tenor with 1.5" I'd think about one again. Most are 1.375" Some nice buys on that sale page. Shipping was fast, it was well packed etc. Buy with confidence. Cocobolo is dense, so they are a little heavy if you are not familiar with them. Very well made. Excellent ukes.
1 1/2" neck -

1 1/2" neck -

Most are 1 3/8ths - I have not seen them offer up a 1 1/2" though they do indeed list two sizes of nut for tenor

Check the specs on any Uke they post up for sale to be sure of what the uke is. Most actually offered up for sale are at 1.375" at the nut
Also have a pretty good radius to the neck. Just didn't fit my hand well. Personal preference. Otherwise I really liked the one I had for a while.

Top Bottom