- 14" scale
- 1 15/32 wide at the nut
- about 2mm from top of 12th fret to bottom of strings
- Martin M300 strings
- Ebony nut and saddle
- soft v neck near nut that slowly tapers to flat down the fretboard
- Rosewood fretboard and bridge
- Satin hand-rubbed Tru-Oil finish
- Comes in Ohana concert pineapple case (with a bit of extra padding added)

Photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/dMEiXoseFCxUXSsP8

Video with playing sample here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/t29Cp8h2eF66CQSi9 (I was trying to get this done quickly to avoid disturbing my wife and 3yr old. Sounds like I may have been very slightly out of tune. I'll see if I can find the time to do another one....still hopefully this give you a good idea of the lovely tone.)

I ordered this custom from David last fall/winter. It is dated 11/2019 and I received it in January 2020 (I had him hold it over the holidays).

I've slowly been gravitating toward sopranos and ordered this thinking I would like it as a larger than normal, more spacious, more fretted, soprano. However, I have found that I really only want to play my vintage soprano, so I've decided to let this go and will probably pick up another more standard soprano at some point.

If you want something that is mostly soprano in tone, but has a little fuller sound, a more spacious neck, and more than 12 frets than look no further. The 14 frets to the body and the teardrop shape also make the frets very accessible all the way up the neck. It feels and sounds part way between a concert and soprano to me, but is more soprano than concert. It has a wonderful warm punchy tone and very good volume.

I’ve barely played this thing, as I got my vintage Weymann around the same time and became addicted to that. There is one tiny dent in the finish in the top from when I bumped my little Snark tuner off the headstock one time and it hit the top. I tried to photograph it but could barely pick it up. This is a handmade instrument and it bears a few very small cosmetic imperfections that reflect this in the form of a couple small tool marks (see photos), but the overall build is very cleanly done. This is a heck of a nice and very unique instrument at a great price!

Last edited:
Lovely instrument and a great deal! Good luck

One cool lookin' uke, Chris!

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, it's pretty cool looking. When I put it up for sale my wife said "It's really cute, so it should sell fast." It is not often that my instruments get those kinds of compliments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom