Cordoba 28T Hawaiian Koa Tenor Ukulele

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a tenor uke. I'm an experienced guitar player, as well as an experienced 5-string, tenor and plectrum banjo player. I'm not in a position to travel outside of my home.

So here's the question. I saw the Cordoba 28T Hawaiian Koa Tenor Ukulele on Amazon. I can't get a straight answer to my question about the composition of the top of the instrument.

So, does anyone know if the top of this uke is solid koa? More important, how does it sound? As far as setup is concerned, that's not a big deal for me. I have almost all the tools any experienced luthier has. I know how to dress frets, and I know how to work on nuts and bridge saddles.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm not necessarily wired into koa. I would easily settle for a solid spruce top or a solid mahogany top.

Thanks in advance.

Three Eyed Willy

They claim it's made from Hawaiian koa which I'm guessing is true but it's clearly made out of laminate judging by the price and the fact that they don't mention the word 'solid' anywhere. Personally, I don't get why anyone would buy a Cordoba uke, particularly at that $200+ price point where there are so many better options. Cordoba simply isn't known for good build quality when it comes to ukes.

Thanks very much for your rapid answers. There is a local dealer who carries a wide range of ukes, but I'm in the boonies, so no matter where I get it from, it's going to be a fairly long drive.

Top Bottom