Sweetwater

Another Ukulele

Reaction score
On advice from here, I ordered a mini amp through Sweetwater. It was back ordered. I was told it should arrive within 2 weeks, one week from today

It arrived there yesterday at noon, and I began tracking it.
Today, 24 hours later, it was in Indianapolis main post office.
It is: In transit, arriving on time.

It kinda has me giggling -

Congrats! Nice to know packages aren't being slowed.

You will be getting thick Sweetwater catalogs for months. And an occasional phone call. They are nice and all but seem to be looking for big deals - like outfitting an entire music studio. All in all I think they spent half of the price I payed for a small micro amplifier in marketing attempts. All that being said, I would purchase from them again if they had something I need.

They're on the up and up, know their stuff and have almost anything I could ever want for my recording studio, including gear tough to find elsewhere. I'd order from them more but their shipping to Honolulu is really pricey and discounts meager.
I was talking to my sales guy about a Tele and told him I could only pay X because it was all he had. He said he could make that work. I think they’ve got more wiggle room than they might let on. ;-)

You gotta love Sweetwater. They are such enablers.

I've always had good experiences with Sweetwater. I actually like that every-so-often I get an email and even a phone call. About deliveries in general, in the last month or so I've been getting many of my deliveries a day or two before what's listed.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
Just a tip - if you want something that's not already steeply discounted and/or you don't have a current coupon code, call and order over the phone and ask for a discount. I've placed countless orders with them and have never received less than 15% off by doing this.

I've heard a few people here and on other forums complain about the catalogs. As much as I have embraced all things digital and on line, I am always pleased to open up my mailbox and find a Sweetwater catalog or flier. It is just fun to page through them and see what catches the eye.

Depending on your mileage comfort zone for side trips, if you are ever anywhere near Fort Wayne, their campus is amazing and well worth a visit. It is stunning, a music Disneyland.

90% of our sound equipment came from Sweetwater. Their customer support is almost unparalleled.

90% of our sound equipment came from Sweetwater. Their customer support is almost unparalleled.

+1 on their customer service.

I was looking for something that ended up costing a couple dollars. Sweetwater didn't have it, but went through a lot of effort to help me figure out what I needed and where to find it. I was impressed.

I have not had occasion to use Sweetwater. I have looked at their site a few times. Afterward, I had Sweetwater ads aggressively following me online for weeks showing the things I looked at, and other items "I might be interested in". I find that extremely annoying. But all too common.

I have not had occasion to use Sweetwater. I have looked at their site a few times. Afterward, I had Sweetwater ads aggressively following me online for weeks showing the things I looked at, and other items "I might be interested in". I find that extremely annoying. But all too common.

They put those banners up there for a reason. If it isn't Sweetwater trying to sell you something, it is some company trying to sell you hawaiian shirts, which is what is at the top of my page right now. I've gotten past the annoyance stage. It is just internet life.

Depending on your mileage comfort zone for side trips, if you are ever anywhere near Fort Wayne, their campus is amazing and well worth a visit. It is stunning, a music Disneyland.

I looked on their website tour.
Indeed, a Disneyland, rivaling a Silicon Valley Campus.
Restaurants, living rooms, unbelievable everything that they have.

Going on 3pm here. My shipment is out for delivery. Should arrive here by 6ish.
Eagerly awaiting to see how well it is packed and paper trail and customer service follow up.

Roughly 72 hours from the time it arrived at their campus. Ea

I've heard a few people here and on other forums complain about the catalogs. As much as I have embraced all things digital and on line, I am always pleased to open up my mailbox and find a Sweetwater catalog or flier. It is just fun to page through them and see what catches the eye.

It’s like being a kid again (for those of us of a certain age) when the Sears Christmas Wish Book would come.

Top Bottom