Which way does the saddle go on my Fluke SB?

SlingshotCannon

Reaction score
So I was changing the strings on my Magic Fluke SB tonight (which I'm very happy with, incidentally), and the saddle over the pickup strip fell out. Easy enough to put back in -- except I realized I don't know which way it goes!

String notches on top, obviously. But do I put the saddle in so the cutout on the bottom of the saddle faces "up" towards the G string (which means that the "flatter" side of the saddle is facing toward the neck, and the saddle is fairly upright)?

Or does the cutout on the bottom of the saddle face "down" to the A string (which means the "rounder" side of the saddle faces up to the neck, and the Saddle leans back a bit more)?

I obviously can (and will, if needed) call Magic Fluke tomorrow, but I was hoping to finish the restring tonight, so thought I'd see if anyone here has the answer. Thanks in advance if anyone has any idea! :)

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already looked there, and the pictures aren't high quality enough that I can be sure just from the image, as the difference is pretty subtle unless one is looking closely at it.

I've emailed Magic Fluke, so hope to hear back from them soon!

I have done the same many times. The slope on the saddle usually goes toward the bridge.
I have started marking all my saddles with a pencil or magic marker so I know which direction it was in.

I just spoke with the very nice folks at Magic Fluke, and thought I'd report back in case anyone has this problem in the future and does a forum search: the cutout in the saddle faces down (i.e., should be beneath the A string).

Also, thanks to the helpful and responsive Magic Fluke team. It's a pleasure to deal with them.

Top Bottom