Bach ukulele tab

domforr

Reaction score
Hello, still pretty knew to the uke but would like to play some Bach or early music and wanted some recommendations for the best book to buy, Or if there's a free resource that would be good as well :)

My reading is ok but would prefer tabs just for speed and ease of use.

Thanks,

Dominic

Hello, still pretty knew to the uke but would like to play some Bach or early music and wanted some recommendations for the best book to buy, Or if there's a free resource that would be good as well :)

My reading is ok but would prefer tabs just for speed and ease of use.

Thanks,

Dominic

I've been playing some from a variety of books, and I'm just a few months into my journey. I've been getting mileage out of:

The Baroque Ukulele by Tony Mizen
Classical Ukulele Fingerpicking Anthology by Andrea Gaudette

I also have "10 Must-Know Classical Pieces for Fingerstyle Ukulele" by Andrea Fortuna - be aware that i think there are some wrong notes in the transcription of the 1st Bach cello suite (I can't really play it on the uke yet but I know the piece well enough to hear/see at least one wrong note in the early bars).

I also have the book of Rob MacKillop's transcriptions of the music of Gaspar Sanz and another Tony Mizen book (with mostly pre-Baroque stuff), but I haven't done as much with them yet, although I look forward to it.

Those two look great - thanks!

I've got the Rob Mackillop Sanz book and that's very enjoyable, but just wanted to branch out a bit.

Tony Mizen's "From Lute to Uke" has some excellent, approachable arrangements for fingerstyle ukulele.

All very helpful - thank you!

I think I'll try the Lute to Uke mentioned above - looks like something a little different. The links mentioned above are great as well :)

Top Bottom