Flight NUB310 Baritone Ukulele

UkeStuff

Reaction score
Much, much better than last week's reviewed ukulele, the Flight NUB310 is Flight's entry level baritone that comes with a nice gig bag, for a very affordable in-store price.

Both the One Minute Ukulele Review and the UkeGuide linked below:

Hi Chris!
Thanks for reviewing a cheap baritone. As they are gaining in popularity it's important to know which cheap baris are 'avoid', 'good/excellent buy', or 'value for money'. The Flight seems like a safe bet for a cheaper, no frills entry baritone.

That Flight NUB310 is very similar to my Kmise KMU30B, which also has the x-brace and the truss rod.

Link: https://www.kmise.com/goods-18727.html (I'll include the link so that you may lobby them to send you one!)

I only have this baritone, but over all I am rather pleased with it. I bought mine of Amazon, where it was dirt cheap, even cheaper than the Flight you have been reviewing. However, I am glad that Flight is now more readily available in shops. I would have preferred to buy a baritone from a shop, paid a bit more etc.

I am also really looking forward to hearing different sets of strings on the NUB310. Personally I expect this instrument to sound better in DGBE than the current GCEA.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review, I really enjoyed it. It's really weird to see a baritone sold with GCEA tuning stock. I hope Flight will make a new baritone model with some solid woods and DGBE tuning, something similar to the wonderful Princess or Royal series ukes they already have.

They do have the DUB38, which is a baritone ukulele with pickup, and it is tuned DGBE. As for future models, who knows? I have the Spirit (Royal) and will likely get a Diana Concert with the Soundwave at some point. The Spirit is my prettiest ukulele, or it is tied with my Cocobolo; and it has a sweet sound--but Flight keeps working to improve it. The newest versions include some changes to make them sound even better.

I noticed the DUB38 on their website as well but it's still an all laminate model so it seems very similar to the NUB310 even with the different tuning.

I highly recommend one of the Soundwave models since they're now available as concert as well. I have the Sophia concert with the Soundwave system and it is a blast just to toy with. Even without the Soundwave system it sounds very good for the price. They are also releasing the Victoria concert and tenor with the Soundwave system later.

Interesting that I found this. I am looking at getting the Flight NUP310 PINEAPPLE. Have been checking reviews on it vs the Kala Kiwi pineapple. The Flight looks like the way to go.

Top Bottom