Season 443 - HICCUPS!

For Season 443 of The Hiccup. A 60 second burst of song. I put new strings on the Ohana Concert, after a few years ��of the originals
(I'm cheap) and I think that they are a bit quiet. So I boosted the volume on the finger picking part a little.Straight to
vid cam, Cubase is mostly having the week off.

Here's one for the season!''

And hello, yet again, Jon! I'm hoping to do a song every day and this is today's effort, from the brilliant "Black Adder" ....

Black Adder is one of my all time favourite shows. One of the fun things the show did was to alter the song to fit the episode. LL's version was used for the first five episodes of series one.

Here's the verse from episode six to complete series one!

Anybody for series 2? :)

I will post something!!! I like shorts!

y'all are the best.
thank you everyone for the latest amazing performances.
i'm like a kitten playing w/ yarn here, having a ball.
playlist is current as i write now.

Springsteen’s ‘I’m on Fire’ in under 60 seconds… ok!

Anitgonish a poem by William Hughes Mearns
I was watching the mini TV series "The trail of Christine Keeler"
and Stephen Ward quoted this poem a couple of times and I was
struck by it and had to find out who wrote it.

"Yesterday, upon the stair,

I met a man who wasn't there!
He wasn't there again today,
Oh how I wish he'd go away!"
When I came home last night at three,
The man was waiting there for me
But when I looked around the hall,
I couldn't see him there at all!
Go away, go away, don't you come back any more!
Go away, go away, and please don't slam the door...

My first contribution to this week's "Mini Extravaganza" is a love song I wrote this morning for my darling Carmen, who is going away for a few days. :(

It is played on my brand new John Daniel Sopranino Ukulele. I cannot recommend this instrument highly enough. Wonderfully well made and attractive to look at, it's perfectly balanced in the hand (despite the chunky tuners) and above all so eminently playable. It is truly a musical instrument and not just a gimmick or a toy. In fact, this is the only sopranino I have tried that doesn't go out of tune when you play chords on the first three frets (and 90% of ukulele players seem to use those frets as "home base"). It keeps its tuning well (though the strings are brand new and still need to settle). All told I am very happy with it indeed. It is also the perfect little instrument to play one minute songs on! Hope to get more done before Sunday fades away.

PS It is tuned in "F" Tuning - CFAD

Enjoy:

Ukulele Is The New Black

Here's the only song I've ever written, which also happens to be the theme tune for my podcast (yes I have a podcast! and it's about ukulele!)

If you listen to this tune in a recent podcast episode you will hear a multi-instrumental extravaganza - but today I've recorded a simple version for you with just me and my favourite uke. Enjoy!

This is beyond silly, but I am inordinately proud of the corncob pipe that I expertly fashioned out of cardboard. Unfortunately, being cardboard, the "stem" wilted fairly quickly which meant I was rather limited as to the number of takes I could make. Anyway ....

Last edited:
Ahoy everybody
I have done this one before but I like the song and would do it again if given the chance :D
Here is the traditional Icelandic song 'Krummav

Top Bottom