Season 443 - HICCUPS!

wonderful folks!!!
another couple of hours of pure joy for me catching up.
darn this season has gone so quickly...
93 songs on the playlist current to the USA's latest hick up ;)
15 more goodies overnight: original songs and covers,
instrumentals, poetry and traditional music.
everything quality and the whole range of emotions -
satire, humour, fun, sadness and the spaces between.
THANK YOU!!!

I worked at a vegetable shop last week. It had an insane sale on and i went insane repeating the same thing hundreds of times.

5 items for 5.50!
10 items for 9.90!
except the nagaimo, ice plant and white sweet corn
we'll give you an "ingredient pack" for free,
it has garlic, ginger, shallots and chilli padi!

another li'l Smudge song for the season
and featuring joo's gorgeous art

A 30 sec original. Just one of those little ragtime type things you find yourself picking from time to time, very much derivative of something or other I will have heard before somewhere. Played on tenor uke. Didn’t know what to call it so Hiccup Rag it is. The animation was going to be a longer bigger project for something else, but it was simply too time consuming, so got put on the back burner Til I could use it. I found some footage of Fred and Ginger, copied it frame by frame into Procreate which is a drawing app I’ve used before, then traced the images to simple line drawings of the dancers.....like I say, it was intended to be a bigger project, and one day it might be :cool:

And this is DEFINITELY the last one from me, Jon! Thank you for the inspiration this week ... there is something particularly liberating in finding and performing VERY short songs! I wasn't going to do any more, but since my appalling relative has disappeared into the ether and taken her blonde wig with her, I feel the need to redress the balance with a little culture. Something someone said to me today brought this poem to mind and I have attempted to put it to music ....

This may be the last one from me this week... We'll have to see if the muse wakes me with another one tomorrow.

This is just a fun one based on the idea that so many letters in English sound like words. See if you can spot how I used all of the alphabet (in order) in this weird cockney tale.

PS I've gone from John Daniel's "Pixie" to Jack Daniel's Tenor on this one. :)

Enjoy:

big thanks to Berni, Chris and Val for their three treasures overnight.
two ol' cobblers w/ Emily Dickinson...
what could possibly go wrong? ;)

a 56 second version of a 20 minute song?
no-one told me i couldn't. :)
Arthur Russell for the season.

i understand everyone is about to jump ship here
but don't forget we have another whole day of potential musicks!
just recorded this for fun.
another old song of mine from 1999

Howdy folks sorry about the absence last month or so.
Here is a short instrumental made up on thr spot just hit record and strummed, titled a drive in the sunshine and rain.
Thanks Jon for the inspiration.

great to see you back Dave!
means the world to me mate.
love you man.

honestly folks, gotta say -
i hate this transition between the seasons...
the last day of any host's week is a dead end.
everyone's gone right. we all know it.
why don't we cut each week at the time the new one starts?

honestly folks, gotta say -
i hate this transition between the seasons...
the last day of any host's week is a dead end.
everyone's gone right. we all know it.
why don't we cut each week at the time the new one starts?

I will second that, Jon ... in fact, I think I've thought and said the same in the past!

Well, whoever is hosting can set the rules and end the season a day earlier if they feel there is no interest on the last day.

I think it is up to the participants to decide where they wanna post during the transistion day.
But i think i can safely say that not everyone is that interested to watch everyone's videos even right in the middle of the week anyway. I don't go and watch everyone's videos myself. I used to. I don't anymore. I have watched several videos this week without leaving comments. I didn't think i needed to feel obligated to say something all the time when i listen to music.

If one is really interested, one can and will either comment or post on any day. Sometimes some people need that extra day to make a video.

The thing with this community (or any community) is that there will always be some folks who everyone love watching, and a few who get little interest. Same with the themes. Some themes don't attract as many posts. As a host i think we don't have to take it too personally when most people have "jumped ship".
The other thing about YT or here is that it can be a bit like - if you watch my videos i will watch yours.

I find it a bit sad when it has to be like this.
All these rules and duties and obligations exist only when there is a lack of genuine interest.

I really like having that extra day. I tend to overreach a bit sometimes, and that last day sometimes gives me the extra time I need. Also, I feel like its an introspective time to go back and listen to everyone's submissions through the week.

Top Bottom