Season 443 - HICCUPS!

For some reason the forum is acting up on all my devices/computers and not showing my whole post...

Edit:This seems to have worked

pabrizzer-

That "Little Tune" was wonderful!

Is that a snippet, or your original?

-Wiggy

Last edited:
For some reason the forum is acting up on all my devices/computers and not showing my whole post...

Edit:This seems to have worked

Please see my post about this under ‘Uke Talk’ — same thing happening to me. Be sure to copy whatever you write so you can end up pasting it back in rather than retyping everything. Usually, this works, but not always, in my experience.

Thanks so much, brother Jon, for hosting this week! What a fabulous theme! The original of the song I’m covering is really 1:33 in duration, but I shortened it so as to fit our ‘shorts’ theme. I’m sharing a barebones vid, I think right at the mark of 60 seconds — which, really, the song is less than that if you account for me starting the camera and stopping the camera! :-D A simple uke cover of ‘Fire Escape’ by Gregory Alan Isakov — track #11 on his album ‘This Empty Northern Hemisphere’ - awesome album (all of his albums are awesome, tho!)!

I recorded the rain together with some rubberbands, baritone ukulele and soprano ukulele. The video is the reflection of a tree and a part of a building on an orangy brown walkway that i saw from my 2nd floor verandah. Thanks for hosting sweetie.

Last edited:
friesse's very lovely "winter song" was an extra special treat for those of us sweltering in a summer heatwave, and inspired my first non-dice-assisted homemade-y of the week!

"dream of winter"

hey everyone!
playlist is current.
overnight (for me anyway) we've had:
a handful of stunning original songs (really the highlight of the week
for me thus far - you folks are amazing), a perfect pop cover,
a gorgeous singer-songwriter cover, traditional folk from Iceland
and an instrumental couched in a beat of rubberbands.
the diversity in these one minute songs never ceases to amaze me.
63 songs and counting.
thank you all!!!
xo

My cat ate rat poison
and died.
The rat ate her (the cat that died) chicken and tuna
and grew fat.

It sounds like a fun theme this week, but since I am on vacation and didnt have foom for an ukulele in the suicase, I cannot take part this week. Sorry.
Happy ukeing!

Wonderful week mate! Here's a concise version of LaBamba with Marc . . .

It sounds like a fun theme this week, but since I am on vacation and didnt have foom for an ukulele in the suicase, I cannot take part this week. Sorry.
Happy ukeing!

thanks for checking in brother. keep yourself safe.

Jon hit record and started playing, when I heard it, there was a familiar feeling. I hit record and played along ~

My little nephew Gylan started to learn the uke in school. He recorded this himself, with a free app on my phone called Walk Band, using my baritone uke and added some drums. The video shows him and his brother Jensen in the car last year.

An original instrumental from me, written some time ago. I tried it solo on baritone ukulele but it was going to need more practice than I have time for so I've done it on flute with baritone uke accompaniment. There's a short intro which I put in to give me time to start the accompaniment but even with that it came in under the minute so I left the intro in.

My second song(let) is building on my first. The feelings I have now I am separated from Carmen. I must admit, it was my choice. I could have gone with her.... but there's no air conditioning in the flat there and I feared I would never sleep.

I would gladly trade places with anyone in a more temperate climate for July and August next year (and every year after). Despite the years I lived in Nigeria, my body is still that of an Elderly Northern Celt and can't cope with the heat of a Catalan summer.

Hope you enjoy:

This is turning into an epic week. Great fun all around.

So my 2 little nephews love playing around with the recording app on my phone. We did lots of recordings together. Here is one we did together. Handclaps, giggling, laughing, uke, distorted rubberband sounds, and excited hitting on some keyboard thing. It's often pretty chaotic. Haha.
They said this is for Uncle Jon.:love:

SOTU Season 443: "Hiccups". With no time to spare, Kevin, his cat and I do a minute uke cover of Marshall Crenshaw's "Your My Favorite Waste of Time."

Top Bottom