Season 443 - HICCUPS!

honestly folks, gotta say -
i hate this transition between the seasons...
the last day of any host's week is a dead end.
everyone's gone right. we all know it.
why don't we cut each week at the time the new one starts?

Agreed, brother — I’ve never really understood the overlap of the weeks.

Have to say, the entries do peter out once the new Season is running, but by the same token, sometimes it’s nice to get one in under the wire. I guess if the wire was a day earlier it wouldn’t make much difference though.

Last edited:
Perhaps we could suggest a vote on whether we could revamp the timeline, phasing out the overlapping of the weeks; in that light, perhaps a thread in which a poll or some such is created? (I haven’t used this feature of UU Forum before, but I’ve seen others do it.)

Last edited:
I guess i was more focused on celebrating the fact that were more than a 100 videos this week, than the fact that the pace slowed down at the end, as it always seems to do :)

Heres my entry for this week.
My Bonnie Smiles at me.
I cant for the life of me figure out if this tune exist in reality or just in my head.

honestly folks, gotta say -
i hate this transition between the seasons...
the last day of any host's week is a dead end.
everyone's gone right. we all know it.
why don't we cut each week at the time the new one starts?

Totally with you on this one Jon - I’ve posted a couple of times myself on this very subject but nothing changes. The lack of entries on the overlapping day is a horrible way to end the week for a host, however successfully the season has gone leading up to that. So next time I host I’ll do my own thing and end it on the Saturday - which also has the advantage of giving me the opportunity for a nice timely wrap while the season is still fresh in everybody’s minds. This may be the only way to change things. If there are any objections to this I’ll simply stop hosting altogether.

(Incidentally, apologies for my non-participation this week, Jon - my daughter’s birthday week, so I couldn’t find enough time to join in.)

thank you for your thoughts gang.
i didn't want to be negative and stir up controversy -
just wanted to be open and honest; the sadness of knowing your season has come to an all too quick end.
the happy balloon being popped, if you will.
i do think though, and in lieu of your responses, it's an issue we should think about further.
that said, big thanks to Lynda, Drew and Jim for some gorgeous melodies
to serenade me on this fine Monday morning in Tasmania.
love to you all and thank you so much for making this such a joyful week of music.

Chelle, JooJoo, Del, Val, Kimi, Kev -
thank you sincerely for your thoughts.
i appreciate your honesty in replying to the comment i made.

still 10 hours to go y'all!!!

:love:

what's that sound? :confused:

is it the song of the siren?

no! but just as tempting - it's the t rex dice of destiny calling me to them!

one more dice-assisted homemade-y for the week!

"silver"

Thanks Jon, I always try to get a tune in when it's your week. And it always raises my spirits to play a tune on the ukulele.

Thanks Jon, I always try to get a tune in when it's your week. And it always raises my spirits to play a tune on the ukulele.

fantastic to see you Drew and hear you play.
reminds me of the old days mate.
:love:

goodnight all and thank you
a wonderful week of music.
wrap to come.

Thank you for hosting Hiccups again Jon!
You are a kind, thoughtful host.
Glad we got some lovely entries on the last day my dear.

Top Bottom