Season 443 - HICCUPS!

So I was having a listen while washing up earlier (which is why I haven't be able to comment much) and just like last time, my mind is absolutely blown by how you guys manage to fit in to 60 seconds. It's like time slows down.

For Season of the Ukulele 444, "Hiccups", we're playing songs of a minute or less in length. Here's an abbreviated rendition of the Dale Evans and Roy Rogers classic, "Happy Trails", for baritone ukulele with singing and whistling.

Brian, I love the expression on your face in this still of your vid clip! Awesome!!! :-D

Living in the USA in the early eighties, one of the great joys of Saturday afternoons was listening to A Prairie Home Companion on the public radio station. It was a variety show with a lot of charm in those early days. One occasional feature was called, "The Department of Folksong." People would write in to the show and share their favourite folksongs, some quite regional and obscure, and the usual crew of musicians would play and sing these sweet little tunes, usually about five or six of them in a typical segment. I remember this version of Casey Jones from a particularly good episode of the show.

Living in the USA in the early eighties, one of the great joys of Saturday afternoons was listening to A Prairie Home Companion on the public radio station. It was a variety show with a lot of charm in those early days. One occasional feature was called, "The Department of Folksong." People would write in to the show and share their favourite folksongs, some quite regional and obscure, and the usual crew of musicians would play and sing these sweet little tunes, usually about five or six of them in a typical segment. I remember this version of Casey Jones from a particularly good episode of the show.

[video]https://www.gestalttherapybrisbane.qld.edu.au/what-is-gestalt-therapy[/video]

We used to listen to this show all the time while I was a kid!

watch out, i made a hawkwind song-prompt-ideas dice set... :uhoh:

obviously hawkwind songs ideally go on for about half an hour or so, rather than one minute, but i'm not gonna let that stop me!

"forever falling"

loving this week so much and we're only a day.5 in!
what a brilliant and varied collection of performances thus far.
like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates.
thank you for the latest songs folks, every one a highlight to me.
the playlist is updated to the current as i write.
got a bad case of the hiccups here... :)

an original song for the season
(an abbreviated version of a song i wrote for Ylle's 'Italians' season
that ran at the mammoth length of 2mins!)
and w/ Kev accompanying me on his steel string baritone uke

Original ....thing. Bariguilelelelelelelele..........

Ichika Nito is a young YouTube guitarist and general practitioner of witchcraft. A lot of his stuff would be perfect for this season and I reckon it's a rabbit hole you'd love to go down Jon but most of it is beyond me. But a few weeks ago he posted a tutorial for his style of Tapping and I've been meaning to give it a go.

Turns out it's harder than it looks. It's less about remembering what to play and more about precision when you play it. But after an hour I've got something I'm relatively happy with. Link to the original tutorial in the description.

As are many of you songwriters out there, Jon is on a roll this week. Here's a collab we did on another original he wrote!

The Trashmen. Everybody’s heard ...

Here's an original tune that I re-worked for baritone and to fit the time frame (barely) Thanks to Jon for adding his magic ~

Top Bottom