Season 443 - HICCUPS!

Oh, wow, Jon — I love it! I wasn’t ‘round when the original season was in session, so I’m really glad you revisited this — this is awesome! I can’t go without a “Hats off” (and everything else!) to Charley — that is quite a presentation! (Very cool tattoos, btw!)

P.S. Also, brother Jon, I hope you won’t mind me giving you a big shout out of CONGRATS on your newly released instrumental album ‘What We Left Behind;’ it’s awesome!!! Bought the rekkid on Bandcamp and been listening non-stop!

This showed up unexpectedly yesterday (USPS tracking said it was still on the other side of the country):
MKiwqeCl.jpg

I was too engrossed in SOTU 442 to pull it out last night, so this is literally the first thing I've played on it (admittedly - not quite the first take). Only one way to test out a new UBass!

Definitely need to scrounge up a strap!

Attachments

• MKiwqeCl.jpg
    MKiwqeCl.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1
wow. this is why i love the one minute theme.
a little bit of everything. so many different genres and styles.
y'all are seriously bringing it.
punk, incredible original songs, jazz, blues, nudity, folk, pop,
grungy stuff, abbreviated standards,
wild amped and smooth acoustic instrumentals, poetry.
yeah what a week this is gonna be.
thank you everyone so far.
settling in for the ride here... :)

playlist is now up and running and should be good
to the current point.

Last edited:
For 336 I did Little Room. Now here's Empty Room from Arcade Fire's masterpiece The Suburbs, which is 10 years old this month.

Hello, Jon, and thank you for the week! Ye gods ... I cannot begin to tell you how long I have been trying to upload this video; our Internet is about as speedy as a snail with severe arthritis at the moment! And the end result really doesn't justify such dogged persistence ... oh well!

wonderful day of music everyone!!!
thank you!
playlist is current to now
don't stop bringing the punk and poetry and everything in between!
gonna nestle in here now tonight w/ an Irish Stew
and watch my regular late nite Monday tv shows before bed
catch y'all up on the morrow!

For Season 336, I took a chainsaw to The Sound Of Music, and reduced it down to about fifty five seconds.
It's time to give Les Mis the same treatment.

Here's another original.

Partially inspired by this page from a Daredevil comic that has stayed with me ever since I first read it. And partially inspired by the fact that I relate to it.

daredevil-depression-641x1024.jpg

Vanity of vanities. The eye is not satisfied with seeing nor the ear filled with hearing

Another one from me ... an oldie. Actually, I haven't seen Paris for ages, despite living in France. I found a version of this abbreviated by Deano, so I thought it would be OK to follow his lead.

Top Bottom