Hello from Germany

nikon

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I would also like to introduce myself briefly.

My name is Sascha, I was born in 1981, i'm from Germany and I'm still fairly new and inexperienced in the ukulele.

I ordered my first ukulele about two weeks ago, it is a Flight Concert DUC 410 QA
I practice regularly (provided my fingertips allow it ...;)).

I recently succumbed the temptation and bought my second ukulele, a Lanikai Mahogany Tenor Ukulele MA-T.

So far i think i really prefer the tenor-ukuleles (given my big hands).

I'm looking forward to a great and instructive time here in the forum and many new ideas and inspiration.

If you've got any questions, feel free to ask.

best regards,
Sascha

Hello! Welcome to UU.
Germany is one of those places I've always wanted to visit.

Thank you all very much for the nice welcome!

It's really interesting to browse through the forum, but there is soo much to read.
That'll keep me busy for a while... :D

Germany is one of those places I've always wanted to visit.

Hi Nickie,

you should definitely come and visit Germany after the pandemic.
The varying landscape and the many historical and architectural places will make it worth your visit.
Also there is practically no language barrier since most people speak good english. Sometimes with a heavy german accent, but we're trying.. :D

But be warned: if you try german bread and german beer, you'll compare other bread and beer with it for the rest of your life. And 9 out of 10 times you'll prefer the german version... ;)

Welcome to UU, Sascha!
Like different meals and situation do better with different styles of beer, certain styles of music sound better when played on a certain uke. Two might just be the beginning of a beautiful collection.

As a Belgian I grew up on Belgian beer, but since I moved to the UK in 2006 I have learned to appreciate the local beers and local styles as well. For taste I mostly still prefer Belgian, but unfortunately I now find that them too carbonated. I now prefer the 'flatter' beer.

Hi Nickie,

you should definitely come and visit Germany after the pandemic.
The varying landscape and the many historical and architectural places will make it worth your visit.
Also there is practically no language barrier since most people speak good english. Sometimes with a heavy german accent, but we're trying.. :D

But be warned: if you try german bread and german beer, you'll compare other bread and beer with it for the rest of your life. And 9 out of 10 times you'll prefer the german version... ;)

I probably would, if I had the funds, but alas, I don't fly. The closest I'm gonna get is shopping at our local Aldi. The pastries beat the heck out of American ones. Of all the supermarkets here, it's my fave.
And no offense, I know a very sweet lady here from Germany, and she speaks English but I can barely understand her.
Maybe it's my tin ear.
My wife lived in Germany as a child, and loved it, but finished growing up in CA (USA) and no longer speaks German.
(If I Ever got to Europe, I'd probably not return to America)

Hi Sascha,

Welcome to the UU Forum. Hopefully you will find fun, interesting and informative things here.

I confess, it took me a little longer than two weeks to order my second ukulele. About six months. I refer the tenor size as well. I like the 17" scale, the physical size of the body, and of course the sound.

Enjoy the forum.

Top Bottom