Thread: Antica Ukuleleria Allegro Sopranino - REVIEW

Default Antica Ukuleleria Allegro Sopranino - REVIEW

The first sub soprano uke from Marco at Antica Ukuleleria

https://www.gotaukulele.com/2020/08/...sopranino.html
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

Very interesting. The other player reminded me of some very old videos of a player from the 30s and 40s, but I don't recall his name, always played a soprano and was lightening fast. I found his name, Roy Smeck!

I imagine this uke is very nice to hold, and it is really pretty.

But, I don't care who plays 'em, I really dislike the toy like sound of these itty bitty ukes. Ugh.

This wouldn't interest me, because I don't go anywhere I can't carry a concert size ukulele. Maybe if I lived in a 'tiny house'.
    Last edited by Nickie; 08-09-2020 at 09:03 AM. Reason: found some info
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

A beautiful instrument (apart from the tuning machines…) and the valve radio comment is perfectly descriptive of the sound. Not for me (I used to have a Kala Pocket Uke - which did have friction pegs! - and never quite got on with it) but I can imagine it being a lot of fun to play.
    "If a man does not make new acquaintance as he advances through life, he will soon find himself left alone. A man, Sir, should keep his friendship in constant repair." - Samuel Johnson

Thanks both!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert, Brüko walnut soprano

I've always been intrigued by this particular sopranino. I have to agree on the tuners, not a fan but otherwise it looks really nice. Not a fan of the tinny sound either to be honest. I find the not-so-impressive sound quite weird because there's a few sub-soprano sized ukes that don't sound that far off of a regular soprano, even factory made ones. Maybe it's the build of the uke since it's certainly non-standard. I think the sound wouldn't be a major issue since I think it suits the type of ragtime jazz music that I like to play quite well, but unfortunately I think these are quite hard to get ahold of since they can't be commissioned. Maybe if I spot one on stock I might get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dohle View Post
    I've always been intrigued by this particular sopranino. I have to agree on the tuners, not a fan but otherwise it looks really nice. Not a fan of the tinny sound either to be honest. I find the not-so-impressive sound quite weird because there's a few sub-soprano sized ukes that don't sound that far off of a regular soprano, even factory made ones. Maybe it's the build of the uke since it's certainly non-standard. I think the sound wouldn't be a major issue since I think it suits the type of ragtime jazz music that I like to play quite well, but unfortunately I think these are quite hard to get ahold of since they can't be commissioned. Maybe if I spot one on stock I might get one.
    Know what you mean. I have come across the odd sopranino with a similar sound but there has been a key difference. They have been thin, but also quiet. This punches like a shotgun! So it has the volume and of course the build and playability are lovely.

Genuinely liking it the more I play it - do think it suits that style you mention - kind of like a sopranino wooden banjo..

Thread Information