Problems with posts and PMs being truncated

I decided to pitch in to support the forum based on the comments on this thread, but when I click the link to buy a UU VIP membership it takes me to a dead page.

I decided to pitch in to support the forum based on the comments on this thread, but when I click the link to buy a UU VIP membership it takes me to a dead page.

Amueni, I tried, too — got the same thing. That can’t be a good sign for the forum. :-(

F1489626-DCC6-48B7-B71E-391A9968FB42.jpg

Looks like they’re not selling any UU merch anymore, either — that link goes to a ‘no products found’ page. :-(

I was digging around for this yesterday. You need to go to "settings" -> "paid subscriptions". Then it gives you option to become a VIP with monthly payments or a yearly payment.

#nerdalert

This looks like a server-side problem not (primarily) a client-side one. I just reproduced Kenn's degree symbol version by posting a message with a degree symbol in it while running Fiddler (an HTTP analyzer). The message posted to the server completely but truncated when displayed.

There could also be a client side component if some are sending unexpected symbols or other data that the server can't understand, but ultimately the server should handle that more gracefully than dumping the rest of the message.

And frustrating as it is, I hope it means that they're doing some input sanitization even if it's not being done well (though since the character passes preview, it looks more like a lack of sanitization. Time to create an account for Little Ukey Tables?)

exploits_of_a_mom.png

Ahhhh good old Bobby Tables.

Yes that makes perfect sense, I'll do some tests later.

While trying to post to the Ken Timms thread, I noticed that using the pound sign completely cuts off the post. I bet the same happens when using other similar special characters, so keep your posts simple, people.

There’s no rhyme or reason - PM’s are completely broken and have been for a while. Cannot buy or sell on here anymore (the only reason I still have an account still)... RIP UU Marketplace :(

There’s no rhyme or reason - PM’s are completely broken and have been for a while. Cannot buy or sell on here anymore (the only reason I still have an account still)... RIP UU Marketplace :(

It's the same with posts, but they both work most of the time. I bought here a couple of weeks ago. Once I get started with a sale/purchase, I usually suggest using email.

While trying to post to the Ken Timms thread, I noticed that using the pound sign completely cuts off the post. I bet the same happens when using other similar special characters, so keep your posts simple, people.

Yes, special characters seem to stop the post at that point. If you spell it out, or abbreviate that seems to work okay.

I haven't had any problems lately, no locking up or truncating. I'm not ready to write off UU, it's still carrying on for me.

When composing in PM, using an apostrophe in a sentence will delete everything after the apostrophe. The system converts the apostrophe into a [/QUOTE] and deletes the rest of the message. So frustrating.

When composing in PM, using an apostrophe in a sentence will delete everything after the apostrophe. The system converts the apostrophe into a
and deletes the rest of the message. So frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Apparently, that's variable. I just tried a test with several apostrophes, and it went through fine.

Top Bottom