Hello from Florida

Dbhughes

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Duane and I am from Crystal River, Florida which is the best place in the world to observe the elusive manatee. Was given an eddy Finn ukulele by my brother in law and have become obsessed. What a fun instrument! New to the instrument, site and forum. Looking to learn and improve and have some fun.

It is the Eddy Finn ef-9-t. It’s the only ukulele I have ever played so I have nothing to compare it against. It stays in tune and is definitely a good enough instrument for my skill level.

Welcome to UU!
I'm from the Tampa Bay UKULELE Society. Have you heard of us?

Nickie, I am pretty isolated up here in Crystal River so I have not heard of your group. I will do some research later this evening.

Welcome to UU, dbhughes!
I love your enthousiasm. You're right: ukulele is amazing, fun, and totally addictive.

Hi Duane,

Welcome aboard.

Yep, playing uke is a lot of fun. This is an easygoing forum. With lots of great people.

Members offering playing resources (I'm not selling anything and have no affiliation.):
Uncle Rod's Boot Camp http://ukulelebootcamp.weebly.com
Choir Guy's uke blog: http://ukestuff.info

There are also a ton of resources online. One of the best aimed at beginners is: www.gotaukulele.com

Last edited:
Welcome. We are from Wisconsin and were planning on wintering in Crystal River this winter. But due to COVID we have decided not to travel to Florida this year. Normally I bring with several of my ukes and always look for someone to jam with. Message me with contact information and we can plan on getting together next time I get down.

Dan

Welcome back to UU, BBQUKER! I guess you've been away for a while since I don't recognise your user name.
There are some members from Wisconsin who hopefully can tell you about uke groups at or around Crystal River.

I think that many groups are still in the zooming stage, meeting up online. There are a couple of other threads with times, groups, passwords etc. If you can't find a local face-to-face session, you should be able to join one of those online meetups.

EDIT: Sorry BBQUKER, I misread your post. You don't need any advice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom