I just put GHS BARI-TENOR strings on my tenor and...

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
...I LOVE THEM!!! This is the Craig Chee and Sarah Maisel CU-BTR set that I purchased from Sarah and Craig at a ukulele festival. Playing my baritone is tough for me, now, with my hands as they are; what is so wonderful about these strings is that I can get that ‘bari’ sound I love so much! I highly recommend these if you’re interested in that deeper sound on your tenor. I typically always tune down from gCEA 1-1.5 steps when I play, anyhow, on my tenors, as it suits my vocals better. But, I will leave one of my tenors dedicated to this BARI-TENOR set — they’re AWESOME!

I have a set in my drawer that I haven’t tried. What notes do they tune too? I’ll have to dig them up. I watched the video by Craig and Sarah and bought a couple of set of high g. I liked them a lot. The tension was great. I got the Bari Tenor set as I really liked the sound of two ukuleles , one in normal high g tenor and the bari tenor. I must admit I haven’t had any other ukulele player to play with. Thanks for reminding me of this option and fact I have a set. More people should try their high and low g set also. They have a really nice feeling and playing tension.

I bought a set but they were way too fat to fit any of my tenors without working on the nut. They are dGBE so I had to settle for eAC#F# with a different set. I do like the lower tones

Top Bottom