Season 444 - Things come in fours

This one's for our Aussie/Kiwi members--the first song that came to mind (and at the time, Crowded House went from a trio to a band with 4 official members, as Tim Finn had joined up for just the one album).

Season of the Ukulele 444 is "Things come in fours", and invites - among other things - songs from bands with four members. The Avett Brothers are such a band. I listened to this song for the first time a week ago, and when it was over, all I thought was, "Wow... what a song."

Last edited:
Thank you so much for hosting, Ylle! I was working on something that I thought would be good for the FOUR theme, and somehow it brought this song by The Fab Four to mind. I shot a quick video to get it out of my mind, really.

Another one from the Beatles, again from the album With The Beatles, but a cover of the Meredith Wilson song “Til There Was You”.

Hello, Ylle! Do you know, the significance of this week's theme has only just dawned on me ... I was thinking it was simply a continuation of your clever "Threes" theme! But, OF COURSE, it is Season 444!!! Call me dim .... YES, call me DIM!!!! (Hope to be able to post something in the next day or so.)

Last edited:
Hello, Ylle! Do you know, the significance of this week's theme has only just dawned on me ... I was thinking it was simply a continuation of your clever "Threes" theme! But, OF COURSE, it is Season 444!!! Call me dim .... YES, call me DIM!!!! (Hope to be able to post something in the next day or so.)
Well my mum always said if you can’t say something nice to someone, don’t say anything....but if you insist Val, you’re DIM!!!

Hi Seasonistas! Thank you 4 the first songs. The playlist is up-to-date and I'm enjoying listening your fine covers and originals.

This week's theme is 4s, and this one of my favorite song involving 4s. Cover of Friend is A Four Letter Word by Cake performed by me, Kevin, and Jon. Thanks again to Kevin Griffin and Jon Duncan for adding their magic! Artwork made in OpenCanvas 7.

Something by the tightest four-piece band I ever saw - Elvis Costello & The Attractions

According to Irish tradition a four leaf clover brings good luck.Lets hope it works

Thanks for hosting Ylle!
Such fabulous entries. Really quality stuff!������

A Peggy Sue song called Lover Gone.
Lots of 4 in the lyrics.
i sang and played soprano uke.
jon played concert uke.

Last edited:
This was on Buddy Holly's first album "The Chirping Crickets" who at the time were a 4 piece band.

Top Bottom