Season 444 - Things come in fours

Does the shape most use for a B or Bb (F on a baritone) count as a 4-finger chord? How about the Bm or Bbm? In each, there are no open strings.

Good Tuesday evening from sunny southern Finland! The playlist is up-to-date again. We have 25 songs on the playlist, and it seems to me that all the best bands have 4 members, all the best new original songs have "four" in them and the Seasonistas are the best every day.

As for the 4-finger chords, if you use 4 fingers, it counts.
And everything by Suzy Quatro counts, too. :)

This is a by a four-piece group, The Butterfly Effect. They're a metal ish band from Australia and I fell in love with one of their albums as a teenager. Been meaning to do one of their songs for ages.

Was intending to four-track this video but there was no way I was gonna get the percussion right on such a complex song. So you only have three RABBs to contend with.

Also spent far too long on the vocals. Somehow I kept obscuring the mic, or my tablet mic was screwing up, and I did loads of interrupted takes only to remember that the first take I recorded straight into N-Track and had my phone recording video. Video which presumably included audio and thus the problem was solved.

Really struggling post-lockdown to find the time and the energy to devote to music-making, and I’m noticing that my vocals have taken a hit - presumably through lack of practice? I’d have loved to spend more time on this one but it’s just not possible. Thanks for hosting again Ylle! :)
“It’s four o’clock in the morning and it’s starting to get light...”

Howdy Gang im back again after slipping away in the middle of June, i do apologise but ive been going through a bit of a difficult time,dont panic im ok and im back to torture your ear holes.

My entry for Season 444 - Things come in fours
This is a challenge for me as i attempted to write my own song and use some video,so i apologise there is no introduction by me,but those who know or vaguely remember me know its me.
I started this song on sunday and recorded it today 18th August 2020 just me and my uke into a zoom h2n, i tried cleaning it up a bit with a daw programme but i dont think it worked ive basically fumbled my way through the whole process :)
Anyway i hope you like it.

The Ukulele Song - Loudon Wainwright III

Four strings made of nylon
Always put a smile on
Anybody's face who's feeling blue

I just noticed that the Guinness T-shirt I'm wearing is the same one as I'm wearing in my profile picture, taken 11 years ago.

2 four finger chords.jpg

Last edited:
A Two Little Woodpeckers entry for you, Ylle.
It is a poem we put to music.

Four-Second Memory by Brian Moses

Is it a fact or is it a hype
That a goldfish suffers a memory wipe
Every time four seconds passes by
And if it's true, does he wonder why?
Perhaps that's why he's happy to swim
Round and round in his tank, nothing bothers him.
Four seconds and then his mind is wiped clean,
Four seconds and he's no idea where he's been.
So every circuit's a different view,
Every circuit brings something new.
Does he ever get feelings of 'deja-vu'
Or say to another fish, 'Don't I know you,
Haven't we met some place before?'
But after four seconds the slam of a door
Erases the thought from his memory bank
And he'll take another tour of his tank.
In the goldfish world there could never be
Any sense of goldfish history.
They could never follow serials on TV,
Their lives must be one big mystery-
What did I do, what have I seen,
Who did I meet, where have I been?
Do they suffer four seconds of stress,
Could one ever be called as a witness?
'Where were you on the night of the crime?'
He'd really have no notion of time.
Adrift in the water, he's floating and flowing
With only four seconds to know where he's going,
Four seconds and then his mind is wiped clean
And the goldfish has no idea where he's been.

joo - voice, baritone uke
jon - tenor resonator guitar, acoustic guitar, banjo uke, glockenspiel, shaker

Last edited:
The important thing is to be very still on the outside, but to dance around on the inside.

Here's another 4 person band, Arctic Monkeys. These are some of the best lyrics Alex Turner has ever penned, and that's saying something.

SOTU 444 - "Four In The Morning" - Jesse Colin Young. The song appeared originally on JCY's debut solo album "Soul Of A City Boy" in 1964. The original was a murder ballad where the protagonist SHOT his "baby". In later years, Jesse changed it to CAUGHT his baby with another man. Still depressing, but not as dire. PONO RBC-PC Spruce baritone.

I've had this slidey/noodly little tune kicking around in my head all week so I figured I'd have a couple of glasses of rum, chuck some words at it to fit the season and bluff my way through it in one take. Here's the result...

I immediately thought of two songs. This was the easy one to find and play. The other I only knew one line so had to identify the song before being able to search for chords which proved difficult, then transpose to a key I can play. That one wil be up in a few days hopefully.
Meantime, here's one which I could have done for last week
Not sure why the video is so rubbish, but I am having problems with my tablet recently. ☹️

Hmm, you won't see this, but the middle bit of the URL is youtu.be/ByTit are they trying to tell me something? ����

Banana Splits - SotU 444 - Things come in fours
From children's TV show (60's?) - 1 banana, 2 banana, 3 banana, 4 ......

There seems to be a lot of songs this season about that early morning hour around 4am. This is another to add to the bunch..."25 or 6 to Four." Weird stuff seems to go on at that hour of the morning....

Season 444. Submission 1. "The End of the World" (Music by Arthur Kent, lyrics by Sylvia Dee - 1962)

This song was recorded in 1964 by Herman's Hermits, though it wasn't released until 1965 on their first album and as the B side to their hit single "I'm Henry the VIII, I Am."

(NOTE: uh oh ..... I thought year with a 4 qualified for this week. Mea culpa! Request for Thornton Rule application!)

Harmonies, audio mix - Elisa ( a Tube friend from France)

Vocal, baritone uke, video production - turtledrum (Linda)

Thank you for hosting, Kolibri, and your wonderful theme!

Last edited:
Top Bottom