Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millar SP-210LL Long Neck Soprano - REVIEW

Default Millar SP-210LL Long Neck Soprano - REVIEW

New brand to me. And quite honestly, a pocket rocket!!

https://www.gotaukulele.com/2020/08/...k-soprano.html
    Got A Ukulele - leading independent uke review site

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert

That's the first uke that has grabbed my attention in quite a while - great sounding tone, & one of my favourite sizes.

I just don't need another uke.....
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Despite how many I see it's rare one REALLY put a smile on my face. This one did!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert

I saw these on World of Ukes and was fairly confused about this new brand. This review really clarified that. These Far-Eastern brands (outside China) are starting to get really interesting and they all seem to be excellent quality, although Millar seems to be the most affordable of them by far.

Without a doubt. The value here is staggering. Nice to see the move towards new far eastern brands setting up smaller workshop / low volume type production whilst the mass market brands eat themselves alive on Amazon!

Thanks for the review. Who will distribute these in North America?

Quote Originally Posted by bazmaz View Post
    Without a doubt. The value here is staggering. Nice to see the move towards new far eastern brands setting up smaller workshop / low volume type production whilst the mass market brands eat themselves alive on Amazon!
    Totally agreed. I wish there were more European brands like this.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin666 View Post
    Thanks for the review. Who will distribute these in North America?
    Afraid I don't know - hope somebody steps up!

Hello,

The smile on Bazmaz's face had something so special that I confidently decided to take the plunge... And I d'on't regret it !
    This little beast is a staggering instrument, perfectly crafted and bears all the volume you may want...Last but not least, a nice interaction with the kind Matt at World of ukes.

Planetary pegs seems the me the most clever novelty since the invention of the wheel, but the instrument stays in tune so well that you're going to barely use them !
    As a concert guy, I only regret an average sustain, due to the soprano body. And the slotted saddle may be tricky if you want to go low g without having to file the slot. But apart of these two minor points, very subjective, I can confirm that it's a top-class, versatile instrument, with a sound so well-balanced that you can spend hours of playing with an enduring pleasure.

just my 2 cents,
    Gilles

Enjoy it Gilles - I thought it was a revelation!

Thread Information