Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Millar SP-210LL Long Neck Soprano - REVIEW

Hi guys, I am new here, so hi to everyone.

After looking at Matt's presentation a thousand times (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrCXPgUZQcY&t), I could not resist and just bought the mango version of this Millar long neck soprano, this particular model : https://worldofukes.co.uk/soprano-uk...oprano-ukulele .

Thanks for bringing this model to my attention Baz, I was shopping for a tenor, but could not resist this marvellous flamed mango wood, and the sound seem to be really really good, so peppy yet really deep and complex with the gorgeous overtones of mango.

According to Matt, it is not a model they have listed in their catalogue, only a few were made due to the really limited supply of mango wood they had.

I am sure that it will come to perfectly complement my Kiwaya KTC2 and its traditional sound.

I can guess that the geared pegs will not by your cup of tea Baz, but I should still be able to upgrade to Gotoh planetary at some point ! I am based in France so I am still waiting for the delivery but I will keep you up-to-date guys.

Congrats!

I genuinely think that Millar are one of the most exciting 'new' brands to come to my attention in 2020!
    Got A Ukulele - leading independent uke review site

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert

I hope you get a chance to review the Phillip Doleman model someday.

Confluence of the Mississippi and Rum Rivers

Thanks Baz for the review. On Reverb the price is really reasonable with a high shipping cost from HongKong......but total cost lot lower than the retail price in the UK pounds adjusted for dollars.
    I wasn't going to add another uke to the collection any time soon, I find it a challenge to keep the 4 that I do have in a playing rotation, adding a new one would complicate things......but I have been thinking about a "lower cost" but quality longneck soprano. This Millar might just fit the bill.....

OOOPS---looks like the Reverb posting is for a sold instrument.....oh well......I'll still keep my options open.....

The Millar uses that I have heard sound great. The fit and finish seems to be top notch

I really like the look of these, and they got glowing reviews in Uke magazine #23
    You don't stop playing when you get old. You get old when you stop playing

Tanglewood TU13M concert called Kalea
    Brunswick BU4-B baritone called Kalua
    Fender DG5 Dreadnought guitar named Tilly
    Tanglewood Discovery guitar
    Valencia hybrid classical guitar
    And a whole heap of other instruments...

My Music Blog

Quote Originally Posted by LarryS View Post
    I really like the look of these, and they got glowing reviews in Uke magazine #23
    I think they are one of the most exciting new brands to come along lately. That Phil Doleman has put his name to a signature model also tells me they are quality. Phil wouldn’t associate with rubbish.
    Got A Ukulele - leading independent uke review site

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano, KM Ukuleles Dreadnought Concert

Thread Information