Lyle Ritz is my favorite uke players-others in his style I should know about ?

Remember that one of the first things that got clobbered by Covid were gigs which is one of the ways these guys support themselves You can show your appreciation by purchasing a CD or two. The artists will see more than they would from a streaming service or YT which pay a small fraction of a penny per play.[/QUOTE]

Henry Kapono has a foundation that takes donations to help the local musicians in the Hawaiian Islands. Henry's website has all the info. We made a donation a few days back.

I think you may like listening to Stuart Fuchs. He has mad chops in a variety of styles and is, in my opinion, great at chord soloing.

I also think you might enjoy listening to Christopher Davis Shannon, he arranges tin pan era songs for ukulele. I think his chording style is awesome and his walk through explanations are extremely informative.

I also think you might enjoy listening to Christopher Davis Shannon, he arranges tin pan era songs for ukulele. I think his chording style is awesome and his walk through explanations are extremely informative.

Another great player and teacher...very interesting indeed...thanks for telling me about him...I had not run across him....this is a great forum, I can learn so much from you guys and gals !

Thanks !

Top Bottom