[BUG?] Posts getting truncated

donluca

Reaction score
This has already happened to me on a couple occasions.

Steps to reproduce:
Start a thread or write a post or edit your own post

What actually happens is the content of the post gets truncated at a random length.

Sometimes just few characters gets posted, other times just the last few characters don't make it.

Editing the message, putting the rest of the post in and saving it fixes it.

From now on, as a precaution, I'm copying onto the clipboard my message before sending it, so that if it gets truncated, I can edit, past the entire post and save it.

This has been happening more and lately. With the other difficulties of this outdated version of vBulletin forum software, I've been coping my posts each time I get ready to post as a safety, just like you.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
This has already happened to me on a couple occasions.

Steps to reproduce:
Start a thread or write a post or edit your own post

What actually happens is the content of the post gets truncated at a random length.

Sometimes just few characters gets posted, other times just the last few characters don't make it.

Editing the message, putting the rest of the post in and saving it fixes it.

From now on, as a precaution, I'm copying onto the clipboard my message before sending it, so that if it gets truncated, I can edit, past the entire post and save it.

Lots of good info in this thread: https://forum.ukuleleunderground.co...7-Problems-with-posts-and-PMs-being-truncated

Every one of my posts I've tried has been acting up lately

Sorry to hear that. I've had no issues running Firefox on a Windows 7 desktop. Old school browser on an old school desktop works for an old website.

PM’s are broken too, can’t communicate with buyers/sellers ughhh only reason I use this website. R.I.P. UU Marketplace

Sorry to hear that. I've had no issues running Firefox on a Windows 7 desktop. Old school browser on an old school desktop works for an old website.

Can’t use my macbook nor iphone Safari as I always have

I haven't had any problems lately on my Mac Mini 2018 and Safari v14 (though I think Catalina still has too many problems).

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

For the last few weeks, the site has been behaving itself on my iPad. Hope my comment doesn’t jinx that. :)

Trunkated? Working fine for me.

baby-elephant-big.jpg

I too have noticed that I'm not getting the stalls I used to get where I had to relaunch Safari on my Mac to fix.

Top Bottom