Drove 50 miles - Bought my first ukulele

Dbhughes

Reaction score
I was given a ukulele by my brother in law and fell in love with playing. Since, I have been spending some time looking at different instruments on the internet. Never realized there was such a variety in ukes. Not only in size, but in design, materials, construction etc. Decided I had to try playing some so I drove to Guitar Center in Ocala 50 miles away. I tried out most of what they had on hand and ended up purchasing a Cordoba 21s soprano. It just felt good when I played it. I think I got a good deal. It has a solid Engelmann spruce top with ebony back and sides and mahogany neck. I paid $110 after tax. I am too new to the instrument to do reviews or anything. I live by myself and was itching to share the news of my first uke purchase so I decided to post!

I was given a ukulele by my brother in law and fell in love with playing. Since, I have been spending some time looking at different instruments on the internet. Never realized there was such a variety in ukes. Not only in size, but in design, materials, construction etc. Decided I had to try playing some so I drove to Guitar Center in Ocala 50 miles away. I tried out most of what they had on hand and ended up purchasing a Cordoba 21s soprano. It just felt good when I played it. I think I got a good deal. It has a solid Engelmann spruce top with ebony back and sides and mahogany neck. I paid $110 after tax. I am too new to the instrument to do reviews or anything. I live by myself and was itching to share the news of my first uke purchase so I decided to post!

Congrats!
I think you'll always have a special bond with your first ukulele; and having selected it out of a bunch, it'll be even more special.

Congratulations you did good, really good. Cordoba are an excellent manufacturer of stringed instrument, I own two of their classical guitars. You obviously did your homework because getting a solid spruce top is always an excellent idea. Picking one out of a bunch on the wall is even better. It will give you many years of enjoyment, stay connected with this site and your ukulele journey will be that much more fun.

Congratulations on a very exciting purchase! You’re going to have a wonderful time with it. Enjoy!

Congratulations! It's great that you found a uke that felt right to you when you played it. That's a huge part of your enjoyment.

Have fun exploring and learning your new instrument.

You did it the right way! That's the best way to pick a uke. Congrats on your acquisition!

Top Bottom