Greetings from Long Island

Mogate

Reaction score
Hey all,

Burgeoning uke player here from Suffolk County in Long Island, NY.

Fell in love with the uke and Hawaii while on our honeymoon a few years back and finally bought one in December of last year, a Cordoba 15CM Concert. Didn't really pick it up and start playing in earnest until Covid hit and I was home a bit more but have not looked back.

Mostly just looked up songs and figured out chords at first but am now coming up with a practice routine to nail chords/progressions. Having a musical background (played saxophone and a little bass but it's been 20+ years) it's been fairly smooth learning and am truly enjoying playing on a regular basis again. I've now got 4 instruments, which the wife thinks is too many but I feel is enough for the next couple weeks.

Anyways, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Happy playing to all

Welcome to UU, Mogate!
The ukulele is addictive. It's just so much fun. And coming from another instrument will probably mean that you progress quite quickly. The uke is so versatile that you'll learn and strum, learn to pick, maybe arrange songs yourself, develop your own style and always be inspired to learn new techniques. Enjoy the ride!

Hi Mogate, and welcome to the ranks (some are more rank than others). Carry on burgeoning - sounds like it's working well for you!

John Colter

Hello Mogate,

It sounds as though you are well into learning your ukulele. It's a fun instrument.

Welcome aboard.

Top Bottom