Shima ukulele web site not responding to customers inquiries.

gerardo1000

Reaction score
Shima ukulele web site and Facebook page not responding to customers inquiries.

I purchased a shima (jake and bruce shimabukuro) ukulele last week on their web site. Immediately after the purchase, I sent two questions using both their contact form and also using their facebook page. The first question was about a 10% rebate code that I forgot to apply during the purchase process (I asked if it was still possible to get the 10% refund). The second question was about the strings. I never received any answer, both from their web site and from their facebook page. The ukulele was shipped four days ago, and I I believe that I will get it next week.
I am sure that it will be a great instrument and that I will fully enjoy it, but I am disappointed by their lack of communication. What is the purpose to have a "contact" form on the Shima web site and to have a dedicated Facebook page, if they do not answer to customers?

Last edited:
They probably use a fulfillment service since the owners are busy making a living as performers and teachers. Or, maybe, just on vacation. I avoid answering email when I need to practice or have a session or gig coming up. Eats up your time for nuttin'

Eats up your time? Tell me about it! I spend hours online every day, and I'm not even in business. :D

But if you set up a specific Facebook page just for the Shima ukulele, you should have someone in charge of answering the customer's messages, I believe. Actually, instead, the impression that I have is that both the web site and the Facebook page are "dead" i.e. they look more like promotional tools to sell the ukulele on line and that's it. Also, there is no telephone number to call for assistance. I asked how comes that the ukulele has special strings that are not available on the market . I also realized, immediately after hitting the "place your order" button, that I forgot to use the 10% discount coupon that would have saved me $30.00, and asked if it was possible to apply the discount. I used both the contact form on the web site and sent a message trough the facebook page. Nothing, zero answers. I mean, it would have been nice to have an answer to my polite questions. I only received an automated message a few days after, probably by a fulfillment service, that the ukulele shipped with USPS. At this point, I even doubt that Jake and Bruce personally check and inspect each ukulele that they ship, as it is promised in their advertising. Oh well, the Shima will arrive next week and I am confident that I'll like it and I'll forget these minor disappointments !

Last edited:
I also realized, immediately after hitting the "place your order" button, that I forgot to use the 10% discount coupon that would have saved me $30.00, and asked if it was possible to apply the discount.

I've had that happen to me a couple of times. I placed the order and then realized that I didn't click for the discount. In most cases, it's an automated system, and there's no convenient way give you that money.

Certainly customer service should be a top priority for any business. Hope this gets resolved soon

Top Bottom