Season 445 - Songs from Animation

Love this Season's theme. Been too busy to keep up the last few weeks so I'm happy I was able to get this done even though it's a bit wonky and I left out the bridge because I couldn't get from the Ab to Bb to Ab to Bb to Ab to Bb to G in time.

Try Ab (X343), Bb (X565), G (0232) or Ab (5343), Bb (7565), G (4232) In both cases, you just slide the same shape up and down the fingerboard.

I didn't miss the bridge. Lovely singing.

Last edited:
I'm a Sunday fan.

Here's the title theme from the animated great "Pinky and the Brain" on baritone ukulele, UBass, and voice. Also: puppets.

Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
I think so, Brain! If we're supposed to be mice how come we have big ears?

I wanted to do an anime song because I've been watching tons of it during the pandemic, but it won't happen this week. The speed metal songs from "RWBY" were too fast for me, and I need more lead time to learn how to sing "Pre-Parade" from "Toradora!". So I fell back upon an easier song. In the VHS and 1st DVD English editions of "Kiki's Delivery Service", the original opening and closing songs were replaced by great songs by Sydney Forest. This one is the opening song. I did the closer, "I'm Gonna Fly", back in Season 251.

I wanted to do an anime song because I've been watching tons of it during the pandemic, but it won't happen this week. The speed metal songs from "RWBY" were too fast for me, and I need more lead time to learn how to sing "Pre-Parade" from "Toradora!". So I fell back upon an easier song. In the VHS and 1st DVD English editions of "Kiki's Delivery Service", the original opening and closing songs were replaced by great songs by Sydney Forest. This one is the opening song. I did the closer, "I'm Gonna Fly", back in Season 251.

Maybe we can have an anime song season one day! If there hasn't been one already that I'm unaware of.

For Seasons of the Ukulele # 445, songs from animation, this is The Night Begins to Shine from Teen Titans Go! by the band B.E.R. written by Carl Burnett. The song was featured in the episode 40%, 40%, 20% and in two specials, "The Day the Night Stopped Beginning to Shine and Became Dark Even Though It Was the Day" and "The Night Begins To Shine 2" . The clips are from the show. I used and modified stock audio sound effects from Sound Bible.com. Performance by me and Kevin Griffin. Footage belongs to cartoon network. Thanks for the help Kev!

Here's the vimeo link since the video isn't available in Denmark.
https://vimeo.com/453180482

Last edited:
(Meet) The Flintstones

DYK?
1) (Meet) The Flintsones became the theme music only from Season 3 (1963)?
2) The tune's based on a Beethoven Piano Sonata (No 17, 2nd Movement).
Strange But True! :)

Thank you all for your wonderful submissions. I have throughly enjoyed everyone's performances, and I'm very grateful to be so welcomed as a host into this lovely community. We've had a total of 66 songs over the week with 10 originals. I'm blown away by the creativity and talent I've witnessed! So much awesomeness on display :D

I have been agonizing on how to pick a winner and in the end I narrowed it down to a top 4 in no specific order. Why 4? Because last season was 444, that's why! For the prize you have your choice of favorite cartoon character or a pet drawn digitally and saved as a short clip. Congratulations to the winners!

~Everybody Wants to Be A Cat- Mike/Kind of Mike

~Grapevine Fires- The Griffs

~Archies Party- Two Little Woodpeckers

~Piglit Uke Punk Rock Song- Lynda/BirdsEyeViewOfMyUke

It may take a bit of time to complete the prizes ;) No worries though, it'll get done. I'm looking forward to hearing your requests, but I'm hoping to draw a Punk Rock Piglit to be honest!

Thanks very much for the week, Kimi ... you've been a great host; although I can't help feeling guilty that your hosting duties have had to come after a full day's work! Congrats to the very deserving winners!

Oh wow! What a great end to a week I have so thoroughly enjoyed! Yes please, punk rock piglit says he definitely DOES wanna be drawn again! Thank you so much! And thanks for such a great season! Super hosting!

Thanks very much for the week, Kimi ... you've been a great host; although I can't help feeling guilty that your hosting duties have had to come after a full day's work! Congrats to the very deserving winners!

Thanks Lil! Don't feel guilty. I'm a dialysis nurse, and I'm proud to be providing a life saving/prolonging service to my community. Actually, hosting the season did not take up as much time as I thought it would. It brought a lot of joy and stress relief, and I found myself using my breaks to catch up on the videos which improved my days immensely.

Great theme, great hosting and some wonderfully unique prizes - you ticked every box in style this week, Kimi - well done and thank you! Something Roobarb-related would make me very happy - thanks so much! :)

You're first week hosting was a tremendous success Kimi! I enjoyed all the entries and there was a ton of artistic talent on display this week. Thanks for the shout out, and congrats to Lynda, Mikkel, The Two Little Woodpeckers, and Del! Great idea to give a nod to season 444 by offering 4 prizes :)

Thanks for a marvellous theme, I'm honoured to be picked as a winner!

I think I will request Baloo from the Jungle Book for a favorite cartoon character. Baloo playing an ukulele :)

Thank you so much for being such a wonderful host, Kimi.
And thank you for picking the TLW as part of the winners!
I had enjoyed myself a lot, thank you!
I got busy towards the end of your week and had not watched all the entries that came in then but i will try to catch up on some of them.
x

Top Bottom