Season 445 - Songs from Animation

KimiAustin

Reaction score
Season 445 - Songs from Animation

Hello all! First of all, I'd like to say it's been lovely performing with and for all you fine folks. I'm so pleased to find myself in such a wonderful community of such talented and kind artists.

The theme for this week is Songs from Animation. Basically any song pertaining to, related to, or from an animation. Any kind of animation is fair game, so songs from cartoons, CG, claymation, Disney films, Theme songs from animated shows, music performed by animated bands, i.e. Gorillaz, Josie and the Pussycats, whatever you like as long as you can reasonably tie it to the theme. Theme songs from cartoon shows are fine and welcome as well as songs about animating. Original songs are more than acceptable as long as they tie to the theme.

Collaborations are welcome as well as multi-tracking as long as the uke is the star. This will be my first week hosting, and I'm so excited to see what you all with come up with. No need to animate your videos, but bonus points if you do.

Song Limit: One song per person per day

Prize: ART! An animated digital painting from me!

Season starts Sunday, August 23 at 00:01 Hawaii time, and ends Sunday, August 31st at 12PM.

I'll be commenting on your YouTube video, however it may take me a bit to reach you as I'm working 40+ hrs a week. This is actually a light week for me, I sometimes work 50 or 60.

Please note somewhere on the submission that it is for Season 445 and how it relates to the theme.

Season 444 is still ongoing, please continue enjoying and contributing :D

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
Hey Kimi, thanks for hosting! Great theme, should be lots of fun ~

Nice theme, Kimi!
It should be fun!
x

thanks for hosting Kimi
well back in 2016 i brought a video to season 232 - i made the stop motion animation and wrote the song to go with it
so for season 445 I've re-recorded the song that was written for that animation and replaced the old audio on the original video

Great idea for the week, Kimi ... and great to see you hosting; hope you'll have fun! Need to catch up with some cartoons ... haven't seen any for ages. Looks as though there's plenty of scope, though.

A homemade song for the season, with a matching animation starring some of my fave Lego minifigures!

Jim performed this one masterfully in my Disney season a while back so I thought I'd have a go.

From the Jungle Book by Disney sung by Louie Prima.Plenty of swing in this one and from the trees.

I am a big fan of swing music and early jazz from the 20s, 30s and 40s. I have a pet theory (with no proof!) that the cartoon show, Inspector Gadget, lifted the main idea for the theme song from an obscure song from 1935 written by the legendary songwriting team of Andy Razaf and Fats Waller. Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I am submitting my evidence here:

It’s wonderful that we have a new host. Thank you Kimi!
Who doesn’t love cartoons, animation, claymation, whatever. I miss the times that I had the energy to do animation in my ukulele videos. I have quite a few. Plus my puppet addiction! I love all forms of art. I am an artist and both my daughters are as well. I would love to win a piece of art :)

Thanks everyone for an amazing first day! This is so much fun. I'm planning on getting my video up later tonight. Any art or animation you made before this week is totally fine to use in your video. That stuff takes a ton of time! Cheers!

Thanks everyone for an amazing first day! This is so much fun. I'm planning on getting my video up later tonight. Any art or animation you made before this week is totally fine to use in your video. That stuff takes a ton of time! Cheers!

I'm looking forward to what our Visualistas come up with, but there's no way I'll be doing any "animating"; what's taking TIME is rehearsing this rather difficult tune I've chosen. I hope I can get it together to record it before my hands break off. Why did I have to choose this thing... now I'm obsessed and it's making me HOWL ; )

I'm looking forward to what our Visualistas come up with, but there's no way I'll be doing any "animating"; what's taking TIME is rehearsing this rather difficult tune I've chosen. I hope I can get it together to record it before my hands break off. Why did I have to choose this thing... now I'm obsessed and it's making me HOWL ; )

I'm excited to hear it! :D

I am back at the office after two weeks vacation, so I dont know if I will have time for doing something elaborate. My inbox will be full!
I would have to pick a song that matches the closest thing to an animation I have lying on my PC.
And learn it.
And figure out how to put my graphics into a video, since it was made for a video game home project that I never finished.

Any recommendations for software to screen grab video from a video game and save it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom