Season 445 - Songs from Animation

I am back at the office after two weeks vacation, so I dont know if I will have time for doing something elaborate.
I would have to pick a song that matches the closest thing to an animation I have lying on my PC.
And learn it.
And figure out how to put my graphics into a video, since it was made for a video game home project that I never finished.

Any recommendations for software to screen grab video from a video game and save it?

No need to do anything too elaborate. I'm happy with anything you got time to do. No pressure, it's all in fun. For game capture software you might like OBS i.e. Open Broadcast Software. It's free to use. I use the screen capture software built into my nVidia graphics card, but I've used OBS in the past and it works well.

No need to do anything too elaborate. I'm happy with anything you got time to do. No pressure, it's all in fun. For game capture software you might like OBS i.e. Open Broadcast Software. It's free to use. I use the screen capture software built into my nVidia graphics card, but I've used OBS in the past and it works well.

Thanks!
Now I think of it, I have an Nvidia graphics card on my desktop. If that does the trick I wouldnt need to install more :)

Thanks!
Now I think of it, I have an Nvidia graphics card on my desktop. If that does the trick I wouldnt need to install more :)

Yeah! I really like using the built in one. It's pretty user friendly. You should be able to use the GEFORCE experience software built into to do it. I have mine set to alt-z for recording.

Any recommendations for software to screen grab video from a video game and save it?
On which OS?

Windows 10 can record game (or, I think, anything else) clips with the in-box game bar. Try the Win-G key. For an odd experience, I can run it on the Mac in Parallels, but it can't capture clips on this system.

Mac can screen record with Shift-Command-5.

On which OS?

Windows 10 can record game (or, I think, anything else) clips with the in-box game bar. Try the Win-G key. For an odd experience, I can run it on the Mac in Parallels, but it can't capture clips on this system.

Mac can screen record with Shift-Command-5.

Windows 10.

thank you for this week kimi
this, a very personal song from joo and me
joo made the art and animation
i played some ukulele
hope you feel it friends
love from us both
xoxo

You asked for Gorillaz Kimi, so here we go. This is an immensely satisfying song to play.

Hello, Kimi ... and thanks for the week! This is a song from "Dumbo" - a film that I don't think I've ever actually seen; either the original or the Tim Burton version. It's a sweet song, though, and I dedicate it to my "babies", who now have babies of their own and to anyone else who is in need of a bit of TLC!

Well, this was a bit of a challenge! For those who don’t know, my profile pic is of my favourite cartoon dog - Roobarb. These cartoons were originally made and broadcast back in the 70s here in the UK - the animation style was uniquely rough and ready (I’ll post the original intro sequence beneath my own effort so you can see for yourselves), and the storylines were rather surreal and full of little puns and wordplays. You either get it or you don’t. I absolutely loved them as a kid and I still do now. Most of the episodes can be found on YouTube if you’re intrigued to discover or revisit the wonderfully original world of Roobarb (and his arch tormentor Custard the cat).

The ‘animation’ for my vid is my own creation - I’m no artist (as you’ll see), but I really enjoyed the challenge! Thanks for hosting Kimi - I’m sure you’re in for a great week! :)

(Btw - listen closely and you should be able to hear electric tenor uke throughout - and the final 2 notes are the furthest up the fretboard I’ve ever dared to venture! ;) )

And this was the original intro:

Last edited:
Hello, Kimi ... and thanks for the week! This is a song from "Dumbo" - a film that I don't think I've ever actually seen; either the original or the Tim Burton version. It's a sweet song, though, and I dedicate it to my "babies", who now have babies of their own and to anyone else who is in need of a bit of TLC!

You need to see it! Atleast the original animated version. This song is from such a sad and touching scene. Beautiful performance! It brought tears to my eyes. ♡

From Disneys Sleeping Beauty,Might of been Meaghan Markle's favorite song before she married.Sorry no animations from me I only do the music.

A theme song from 1/4 of the Disney Afternoon, which was a 2 hour block of after school cartoons on during my tween years.

Who would’ve guessed that these themes have key changes and everything?

Hi I'm Plasma_Riot and I've been playing for a few years now but I just finally decided to join SOTU

Last edited:
i have so much old tat, er, no, so much STUFF... so many OBJETS D'ART :uhoh: in my flat, just begging to be animated, so here's another homemade-y!

"hey doctor (take me back in time)"

For Season of the Ukulele 445 we're playing music used to accompany animations. Here's "We Are the Crystal Gems" by Rebecca Sugar, from the animated series Steven Universe. For concert ukulele with singing, whistling, and shaker. I know I'm shamelessly playing to the host's tastes here, as I saw she is a fan of Rebecca Sugar.

I'm still working on the other tune and hope to post it later this week, but it's proving to be such a challenge I figured I'd better get something in the can.

Thanks for hosting, Kim; excellent theme!

thank you for this week Kimi
joo and i played an Archies song today :)

Wow! So many awesome submissions! Thanks guys. I'm really enjoying listening to all your songs and watching your videos. The play list is up to date. Heading to work, but I can't wait to see everyone's stuff when I get home n_n

Hi Kimi. Thanks for hosting. Here's a Randy Newman song from The Frog and the Princess...an animated feature about ...a frog and a princess (probably). When I saw Randy Newman's name I knew it wouldn't be a dog of a song...a frog maybe. Some added kazoo too.

Top Bottom