Cairns Ukulele Festival logo contest - win an Ohana CK-50G!

Gaby

Reaction score
Hi all,

Having seen so many excellent designs posted in all sorts threads here on UU, I am pleased to finally be able to start a competition for you guys (well, and non-UU-members too), with the prize being the very popular Ohana CK-50G! The solid cedar top and solid rosewood back and sides, put together by the fine crafts people at Ohana, create a beautiful rich tone and stunning looking ukulele that, I am sure, will make a nice addition to your collection!

Please read more about this contest and festival on the official festival web site.

You need to e-mail me your design to officially enter the competition. Please do not post your submissions on this site, it will make your submission invalid. For one month, I will keep the designs under my hat. That way, nobody can pinch someone else's ideas. At the end of the competition, I will make a gallery for all of you to see. Based on your previous submissions, I am sure it will be great!

Looking forward to your submissions!

Cheers,

Gaby

Last edited:
your link is broken (it's got an errant "> in there)

http://cairnsukulelefestival.wordpress.com/logo-poster-contest-enter-now/
vs
http://cairnsukulelefestival.wordpress.com/logo-poster-contest-enter-now/">

Have you got any Cairns specific themes that could be used? Mascots/flora/fauna (apart from the obvious Aussie kangaroo, does Cairns love crocs or koalas more etc?)

Actually I suppose I should leave that for entrants to google - learn their subject matter etc ;)

Is there a limit on how many designs one can enter?

edit: oh nevermind, i see it. I cant read. :p

Last edited:
so its asking, to create a cairns ukulele festival, poster? right. i read it

I fixed the link; thanks for pointing that out! The homepage is at cairnsukulelefestival.net.

I didn't want to give you any directions as that may influence the designs, I think that the more I leave it up to your imagination, the more original ideas we will see!

However, if you have any questions with regards to flora and fauna, just ask, because they do differ from area to area in Australia. And yes, we do have crocodiles up here!

Last edited:
Top Bottom