00 Sized Guitar for Sale: Wilborn Lion WRC/Birdseye Maple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
Wilborn “Inverted Lion”

As much as it pains me, I am offering up my Wilborn "Inverted" Lion. Why? Well, Ben is making an Arum for me (T14/Ziricote) and for various reasons, I would like to get down to three guitars (Doerr, Beneteau and the incoming Arum) plus a lower-priced one for travel. So, here we are.

The Lion is Ben’s waist-forward model that mostly closely resembles a 00 and is extremely versatile. As you will see, the body features an incredible set of birdseye maple (Ben doesn’t have any more of it) and the top is a Master grade set of Western Red Cedar.

Model: Lion
Body: Birdseye maple
Top: Mastergrade Western red cedar
Binding: Curly mahogany
Frets clear: 12
Nut width: 1 7/8
String spacing at saddle: 2 3/8
Radius: Compound 14-20”
Lower bout: 14.25
Body depth: 4.25
Tuners: Schaller Grandtune
Side soundport

I'll try to get some better photos up, but I've attached a few and here is a link to the build photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/K2YrZF6Mnm3eQ5cCA

Even better, here is Ben's video sample:
https://youtu.be/g1nD920zWzY

The guitar is in as-new condition (I only play fingerstyle) and has been maintained in a cat-fee, smoke-free, properly humidified home.

If I didn’t want/need to reduce my number, I would definitely not be offering this for sale, so please no trade offers.

New this guitar would be $6,500 + shipping. I'm offering this as-new for $4,900 shipped CONUS ground. I've sold dozens of ukes and guitars here, AGF and Reverb. I always offer a 3-day inspection period, so buy with confidence.

Attachments

• Wilborn Top.jpg
    Wilborn Top.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Wilborn Back.jpg
    Wilborn Back.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Wilborn Tuners.jpg
    Wilborn Tuners.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
What a beautiful instrument! Sounds great as well.

I have purchased instruments from Eddie and he is a great seller. The instruments were immaculate and the packing and shipping were terrific.

Eddie is a straight up person to deal with, and he stands behind what he sells. Buy with confidence.

Wow Eddie! I love small-ish body guitars and that thing is amazing! You have some exquisite instruments! GLWS!

Stunning guitar Bruddah Eddie! Really surprised to see you letting go of this one. Visually stunning, and it sounds amazing as well! Best of luck with finding a new home for her ~

Eddie, that is a beautiful sounding guitar and it looks good too. Can’t wait to see what the new one he’s making you looks like! Good luck in finding that’s”perfect” one.

I was privileged to meet Ben and play several of his guitars at a guitar gathering last year. Sound, design and workmanship are outstanding. Highly recommended.

Sold on Reverb. New owner is ecstatic, which makes it easier to let a beauty like this one go.

Next up for sale will be either a Blackbird Savoy with MiSi, which I love except for the "standard" nut width and string space of 1.75 and 2.25, respectively. Or a custom Larrivee Parlor 24" scale guitar, with moon spruce top, torch inlay and wider 1 7/8 nut and 2 3/8 string spacing widths. Whichever one goes first, I will probably keep the other as my more portable travel guitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom