Unpleasant UK Weather

Timbuck

Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s my age or what but I’ve had the heating on all day in the workshop..and now I’m in the house and I’ve just turned the central heating back on...it’s cold and wet and miserable outside ...it’s hard to believe that this is supposed to be the summer time here in the UK.:(

Last edited:
Yeah, dropping from 90+F to 50+F sure makes me feel cold too, it's just our crazy weather these days, & the wind & rain don't help either..... :rolleyes:

Glad I didn't move to Yorkshire for the weather, I'd have been terribly disappointed :D

105 F in Texas today. I think I gave myself a hint of heat exhaustion at work today. If I even hinted at going out to the shop today my wife would not be pleased. This is why I wake up at 530 on my weekend mornings. With the start of every summer I seriously don't understand why I still live in Texas.

105 F in Texas today. I think I gave myself a hint of heat exhaustion at work today. If I even hinted at going out to the shop today my wife would not be pleased. This is why I wake up at 530 on my weekend mornings. With the start of every summer I seriously don't understand why I still live in Texas.
watch out for those Tornado warnings :)

We spread our temperature over a few days. So instead of 105 F we do it 25 F, 25 F, 25 F followed by 35 F the next day.
It all adds up to the same.

With us it's smoke. We've been having terrible wildfires Here in California and there is one that is about 30,000 acres in the high country just above us. Our whole valley has been filled with smoke for over a week. Right now there is only a couple miles of visibility. I don't ride my bike because of all the smoke. At least the wind has been blowing in the afternoon and has kind of clears things out until the next morning. Our house smells like an ashtray.

watch out for those Tornado warnings :)

You joke, but not far off. We hit 106 today, a record. Now it is pouring and there was either a tornado or downbeat winds tearing stuff up about 30 miles away. Sigh

Top Bottom