Be Still My Pineapple Shaped Heart

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
Aloha kākou.
As many of you seniors here may remember from when I frequented these parts... shortly after my conception is heard from inside my mommaʻs womb the beautiful melodies wafting from my dadʻs koa Kamaka pineapple over 6 decades ago. Ever since then nothing rings my bell like the sound of a pineapple ʻukulele. At one time I owned close to 2 dozen of them, but hard times forced me cull my herd down to a meer 10 heads. Over the years the only types of pineapple ʻukulele that had never been an arrow in my pineapple quiver were a sopranino, and a plastic simply because they did not exist 10+ years ago that Iʻm aware of.
Guess what? Yesterday while browsing the interwebs I discovered a mahogany Ohana pineapple sopranissimo (yes, I live in a cave), and a Kalena ABS plastic Pineapple. In a moment of weakness I would up ordering both (my wife will kill me). I should have them both here in hand in about a week. Hereʻs some photos though not mine of course. I have not purchased a pineapple ukulele in over 10 years so I think I deserve one (or two). :D
To any Kalena owners here, what string set do you prefer? Mahalo nui.

Ohana Sopranissimo.jpgEbony Kalena.jpg

Attachments

• Ohana-TTPK-25G-Front.jpg
    Ohana-TTPK-25G-Front.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Congrats, I am sure you will love your new pineapples. I have the Ohana sopranino pineapple and am very happy with it.

Aloha, Ahnko Honu, I do remember you from my earliest days on UU! It’s so nice to see you here, again! I am sorry to hear that you were in a position in which you had needed to sell some of your beloved pineapples, but I am so happy to learn that you are getting two new ones! YAY!!! They’re beautiful!!! CONGRATULATIONS! Please share a ‘NUD’ post on each of your lovely new ‘ukuleles if you could! I’d love to see and learn more! Happy strums! :)

Top Bottom