Tenor with an armrest for under $1000 ?

polstein

Reaction score
Title says it all. Been having a lot of arm pain, so started looking for Tenor sized uke's with build in armrests. Oddly, not having much luck without getting to $1500+ ones.

Anyone know models, or have links?

(Super Tenor probably ok too - been wanting to try one of those)

Last edited:
I’ve got an Islander that has one - the ASARM-T. From what I gather, these were Islander’s attempt at high end and they’ve got a lot of cool features but I guess not many people liked/bought them (or I suspect they considered the price point too high for an import).

That said, The Ukulele Site bought a ton of inventory at one point and MIGHT still have one/some in stock. It wouldn’t be on their page, though, so I recommend sending an email or calling.

How about a thin-body Kala travel tenor ?
At only 2" thick, they should be pretty comfortable to play.
The only worrisome thing is their sound.

You should check out some of the Flight ukes. They have a few models - solid top and all solid - that have an armrest and all are way under $1000. At least the Victoria, Voyager and the new Fireball models have the armrest.

Thanks for the replies - googling the suggestions now.

Yes, Snail has some really good models with an armrest as well but those are harder (impossible?) to find in the US, assuming it's the country of residence of the OP.

Or you could add an aftermarket arm rest to an existing instrument. Some are beautifully contoured hardwood you apply with 3m double stick tape. I trimmed a guitar armrest and it worked well.

I've also seen arm sleeves for classical guitar players with padding to ease pressure on the forearm (I wear a sleeve but not the padded one).

Or you could add an aftermarket arm rest to an existing instrument. Some are beautifully contoured hardwood you apply with 3m double stick tape. I trimmed a guitar armrest and it worked well.

I've also seen arm sleeves for classical guitar players with padding to ease pressure on the forearm (I wear a sleeve but not the padded one).

I tried to look those up with no luck at all. Happen to have a link for an aftermarket arm rest for a tenor and/or video reviews for them?

Top Bottom