Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food Forum

Default Food Forum

Is this the place where everyone shares recipes and talks about food? I haven't seen any yet and was just wondering.

nice, I like cooking

Quote Originally Posted by kreon View Post
    nice, I like cooking
    Sorry, I just saw your reply. I didn't think anyone was interested in sharing recipes or learning about cooking. I have a question before sharing a recipe. Do you think I should add recipes to this thread or should (we) start a new topic each time I, or you, or anyone starts a new recipe? I have a very delicious Paella recipe I would like to share, but I am undecided on where/how to post it. Your help would be appreciated since you seem to be the only one interested. And in the future, perhaps, others will join.

I'd ask one of the moderators - if lots of recipes got posted under one thread title it will get very messy very quickly - they may be able to start a 'Food' specific forum under 'General' - worth a try at least.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Agreed. A Food specific forum would be best. Recipes popping up all over would not. And if they are all in one thread, you'd have to weed through them all to find what you want.
    Jan >^..^<
    (AKA Chopped Liver)

You say 'Crazy Cat Lady' like it's a bad thing!

"Out of clutter, find simplicity." Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    I'd ask one of the moderators - if lots of recipes got posted under one thread title it will get very messy very quickly - they may be able to start a 'Food' specific forum under 'General' - worth a try at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopped Liver View Post
    Agreed. A Food specific forum would be best. Recipes popping up all over would not. And if they are all in one thread, you'd have to weed through them all to find what you want.
    I agree guys, it can get cluttered. I think the moderators won't easily start up a new forum unless plenty of people are interested. We could use this thread to start out with and I will make an index in the original post, as recipes are added and list the page # so people can easily browse through to see what is available. Or, maybe we can all prefix our food posts with [FF] for Food Forum. As an example, my post topic would read "[FF] Paella", then if one were to do a search of the site, one would need only search [FF] to see every post having to do with food. But a new food forum would be easiest and best. I guess I will wait for a moderator to chime in.

I'm also into cooking, but with the state of the UU forum of no continuous moderators, I don't think any changes will be made. Your idea of searching with the preface of [FF] sounds like a reasonable workaround.

I'm lactose intolerant, so I often modify recipes to accommodate that.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Quote Originally Posted by kohanmike View Post
    I'm also into cooking, but with the state of the UU forum of no continuous moderators, I don't think any changes will be made. Your idea of searching with the preface of [FF] sounds like a reasonable workaround.

I'm lactose intolerant, so I often modify recipes to accommodate that.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
    I guess the question now is where to post the stuff. Here or maybe the General Discussion Forum. If anyone has an opinion, great, if not, I will start one later tonight in the General Discussion Forum.

I just followed your lead and posted a [FF] recipe, but search does not find any. I changed my title to start with RECIPE and found mine and yours. It looks like the brackets don't work. What if we preface the title with either RECIPE or FOOD FORUM?

O.K. Great, that's what we should do. All caps RECIPE. Perfect. Thanks Mike

Thread Information