NUD: Cocobolo 5-String Tenor

Jerryc41

Reaction score
A week ago, I didn't have a 5-string uke, and now I have two - bad timing. Both the Kmise and Cocobolo 5-string tenors arrived on the same day.

While I was tuning the Cocobolo, the low-G string broke. You'll notice that I didn't say "I broke the low-G string." :D This has never happened to me before, but I have a couple of new Worth Browns coming in a few days. Naturally, it looks, feels, and sounds beautiful, even with only four strings. One thing I'm not crazy about is the PegHed tuners. I think it would look good with Gotoh tuners. I got the dog paw and strap buttons.

You probably know that Taimane often plays a 5-string. At one of her concerts, a G-string broke. She tucked it out of the way and kept on playing.

Front.jpg Side Left.jpg

The pegheads are a smaller footprint probably to allow for the 5th string. They should have told you what they were going to use though!

The pegheads are a smaller footprint probably to allow for the 5th string. They should have told you what they were going to use though!

Yeah, I think the larger Gotohs won't fit. It's a tight fit tuning that center peg. I can live with the PegHeds. The PegHeds were in the pictures they posted.

Ah! now I see. At first, I thought it was a poorly done Hawaiian islands map. jk.

I've got ukes with Pegheds. I've got ukes with Gotohs.

I prefer the pegheds, but the Gotohs are best on the National Reso.

I thought I got a case of de ja vu when I thought I remembered of another 5 string uke that you posted earlier!

Congrats Jerry! You got both ends of 5 string ukes, exp and cheap. Which one do you prefer?

Also, would be nice if the top sound port is a dog paw too. My fur kid sits next to me when I’m playing.

My 2019 standard tenor Cocobolo came with Peghed tuners. My 2020 Cocobolo tenor cutaway came with chrome geared tuners.

I have a love/hate relationship with PegHeds. Much prefer Gotoh UPTs.

Beautiful uke!

Top Bottom