Ohana TK-50G and TK-50ME ukes

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
Does anyone have either of these models? If so, please share your thoughts on your particular model. Thank you!

I have a TK-50 and I really like the sound. It came with Aquilas on it and it sounded a bit brash. Once I put Living Waters on, it has a bell-like quality to it. The setup isn't to my liking (which isn't an Ohana thing) so I play it less than my other uke until I can get a better setup.

Does anyone have either of these models? If so, please share your thoughts on your particular model. Thank you!

I have one it's my most expensive uke and I play it least. It has the beauty and voice I like, but the third string BOOMS out much more that the other strings. That just drives me nutz. The same thing with an Ohana spruce topped concert, third string booming, is not good for my strumming style.

Finger style it is nice and mellow, but I don't play finger style yet. I'm keeping it for when I get better .
Right now I have a some trouble with my left arm/hand from an operation. I'm lucky to be playing at all, said my Doc.

Thank you so much, Jack Luis, for your reply! I’ve never had an Ohana ‘ukulele before and I’m excited to get mine! I will likely do a review as it’s a relatively new model this year as well. I will be on the lookout for the third string phenomenon you brought to light; speaking of which, are your ukes strung with Aquilas? I’m so I sorry to hear of your situation with your left arm and hand; I can relate as I have considerable wrist tendonitis in my fretting hand. Thanks, again, for your reply!

I have a TK-50 and I really like the sound. It came with Aquilas on it and it sounded a bit brash. Once I put Living Waters on, it has a bell-like quality to it. The setup isn't to my liking (which isn't an Ohana thing) so I play it less than my other uke until I can get a better setup.

Thank you, mikhou, for letting me know! My instrument will be coming with Aquilas as well. I may replace with Uke Logic soft tension strings, depending upon what I think of the sound and feel. I like the Aquila Black Lava strings a lot, but I think the strings on this uke will be the regular Aquila Nylgut, which are a bit thicker for me compared to the Lavas. We shall see. :) I did ask for low action set-up from the dealer; this is my first transaction with the dealer - my hopes are that everything will be good to go!

Top Bottom