Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Crazy loony eyes & a big infectious smile

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Unhappy sad face & looking miserable

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Knitted brows on a serious & angry face

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
When I sang in choirs, we were asked by the director to smile as we sang. I lifts the mood of the audience and of the singers. You also look involved and are connecting with others. When you seem to be having a good time, the audience tends to have a good time.

I like to banter a little with the audience when I perform with a friend or a uke club. If you're having a good time, the audience is with you and you can make flubs and even forget a verse and they don't really care. But if you look like it's a pain for you to be there. And you care more about the mechanics of playing the song than entertaining the people listening, they will dismiss you and walk away without a second glance.

At least that's been my experience.

An easy way to see expressions is watching the players on Zoom. You can have twenty-five displayed on your screen. I've taken a couple of screen shots.

I'm told by a family member that I have the "Unhappy sad face & looking miserable" kinda face on stage. Like I want to get out of there. I gotta work on that because I actually feel good doing that.

I'm told by a family member that I have the "Unhappy sad face & looking miserable" kinda face on stage. Like I want to get out of there. I gotta work on that because I actually feel good doing that.

"Unhappy sad face & looking miserable" - Not what we usually associate with the ukulele. ;)

I've noticed that a lot of players roll their lips in when they play, including a popular online uke reviewer.

"Unhappy sad face & looking miserable" - Not what we usually associate with the ukulele. ;)

I've noticed that a lot of players roll their lips in when they play, including a popular online uke reviewer.

I have the same miserable face as kkimura and it’s not a reflection of my emotion at all. I can force a smile but the face will gradually change to the unhappy face.

I have the same miserable face as kkimura and it’s not a reflection of my emotion at all. I can force a smile but the face will gradually change to the unhappy face.

You should see my face when I'm sad ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom