Hello from North Carolina

Bluesy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I'm a daily dabbler uke player from North Carolina. I love to sing and gravitated to the ukulele two years ago because of its portability and ease of play.

Then I discovered that "ease of play" isn't always easy, especially when you want to jump into jazz play. I started with Dr. Uke's site and have discovered Glen Rose's jazz instructional materials and that's what I've been working on. I keep at it and have seen progress, but most importantly, I've had lots of fun which is particularly important in these weird times.

Right now, I've got two concerts that I love: a Kala Elite and a Blackbird Clara, but lately, ut oh, I find myself dreaming about lovely tenors.

Now, I'll just lurk a bit to read, learn, and get a feel for what goes on in the neighborhood. All the best,

Bluesy.

Welcome to UU, BLuesy.

Like you, I'm learning and discovering, and as you mentioned: having fun. Diane Nalini, Ukulele Zen, Neal Chin and Brian Liu have some jazz content as well, should you be looking for other artists.

Welcome Bluesy. That's the name of the game: Havin' Fun!

I hope you find what you need to step up your jazz playing. There are several members who play jazz. Maybe ask about their sources in Uke Talk.

Welcome, and sounds like you are off to a good start. I have been doing more blues than jazz over the years but find myself interested in jazz recently. I will check out Glen Rose, thanks.

Welcome to UU. A good friend just moved to Asheville from here.

Asheville has evolved into one of the most welcoming laid back cities in North Carolina. Great restaurants (with take out for these times), hiking, music, and fine crafts. I know your friend will love it there!

Bluesy

Top Bottom