Season 447 - Like a Virgin

Welcome aboard, Ms. Bean! That was beautiful! Great singing, playing, and hat. No need for video tricks!

For Season 447, I went back and redid my first entry in the Ukulele Underground which was for Season # 429 Songs on Grief and Loss. The video features the prizes for the Season # 445 Songs from Animation. Congratulations to the winners

~Everybody Wants to Be A Cat- Mike/Kind of Mike- Baloo playing a Ukulele

~Grapevine Fires- The Griffs- Panda and Roobarb

~Archies Party- Two Little Woodpeckers- Betty and Curious George with the Man and the Yellow Hat

~Piglit Uke Punk Rock Song- Lynda/BirdsEyeViewOfMyUke- Punkrock Piglit

My email is kimithetrekkie@gmail.com, please shoot me an email and I'll send over the files ;)

let's see how i can do with these challenges...

Welcome to the Seasons - a first time Seasonista! ... nope, i've made it to every season :p

Shiny and New - brought something new to your repertoire ... i'd like to welcome adele's music to my ukulele repertoire!

Blast from the Past - revisited your first season ... "rolling in the deep" was the 2012 grammies record of the year, ideal for the first of the "six seasons of the ukulele" challenges. back at the beginning, i couldn't have imagined that i'd be sharing ukulele music every week for eight-plus years!

I've never heard that before! - brought an original ... i wish i had time and energy for songwriting, but not this week :/

Last of the First - posted on the last day of the Season ... ah, my personal speciality :p

Last of the First - posted on the last day of the Season ... ah, my personal speciality :p
And mine too! Nigh midnight on the West Coast of North America. Three Hours to Hawaii and the end of the season. Can somebody else slip one in or do I get to close this one out myself? :) I'll leave room for that and post a wrap up tomorrow (or if I'm not quick to the post button, later on today!)

My first season was just under two years ago - Joo's Season 345 - Hey There Little Insect!!!!!! - songs about INSECTS, ARACHNIDS, and creepy crawly icky things like worms

Here's a new version of The Hearse Song that I did for that season. I wish I'd had the camera on when I was recording this one, as the big difference (other than adding the bass) is that each instrument is a single take (more or less: one for Bass + Voice, one for the picked intro, and one for the baritone chords). Last time around I'd only been uking a month or two and I had some serious editing and camera tricks to disguise my inability to play more than a measure or two correctly. I don't think it was as extreme as every angle change being a different take, but it might have been close!

For added difficulty, the smoke here's wreaked havoc on my voice, and I burnt a finger tip on my fretting hand and couldn't play without pain until the last minute. I really need to work on slide before I do that again

This topic has me feeling a little nervous and out of my comfort zone - which I guess is the aim for this week!

I’ve been wanting to try this for a little while now. I’m sure it’s been done before, but this one is mine, and it’s my first mashup. :D

Last edited:
With Emma's slide in under the wire the PlayList is closed with 50 videos! I'll crunch some numbers today and post a more formal followup. From my end, I've had a blast this week. Hope you all did too!

Hi all! Sorry for the delay on the wrap up - I was halfway through a video and lost my voice. I'd hoped to finish it, but don't want to delay any longer so you're stuck with text and stills

I hope you all had as much fun during this season as I did. There were 52 entries from 31 Seasonistas, ranging from folks revisiting songs from the very first seasons to Liz and Ms. Bean on their first season entries!

ldHdMtH.png

Activity started off strong on the opening Sunday, slowed up at the ginning of the work week, then recovered after hump day and closed out strong with 5 entries on the final Sunday:

vi33mdE.png

Topics covered everything I thought of and a few others that I wish I'd thought of - special shout outs to the folks who went into the past beyond their first season to their very first songs! The way I split up this chart only allowed one category per video, so a few are undercounts - especially originals which crossed into just about every other category. Berni even managed to revisit his first song with a new original!

ViWnkQX.png

And we can't end this without prizes!

SeUDCsrl.jpg

I drew names for the following categories:
Revisited Song - Kimi - What Sarah Said
Revisited Season - Bird's Eye View of my Ukulele - Got the Blues
Original - Marcsuke - Girl of the Golden West
Experimental - EmmaX - Swing
Last Day (this was down to a coin flip since Kimi & Emma were already out of the hat!) - Ms. Bean - Moon River
And with Ms. Bean covered there, I don't even need my coin to choose Liz for the First Time Seasonista with the very appropriate Beginnings!

Congrats all! Winners pease PM me the name you'd like on the pin and your mailing address and I'll get these worked up as soon as the air clears enough that I can get into the shop.

Thanks again all! I had a blast, and I hope to be able to host again down the line!

--Rob

Oh wow! Great collage and graphs! Thrilled to get a prize, such a great season, it was alot of fun to go back to that first season I took part in, and have a bit of a nostalgia fest! Thank you for a great week, and great hosting!

Thanks for a great season! You did a heck of a job as host. I enjoyed watching and listening to all the contributions, originals, covers and collaborations. Those prizes look terrific, and I'm truly honoured to win one. Congratulations to everyone!;)

Thank you so much! This was a fantastic season! I'm so thrilled to have won a prize!! Wow! Also, I love the collage and the graphs. Wonderful job hosting!

Brilliant collage and wrap. It was a super week. Hope to see you host again. Felicitats from Catalunya!

Thanks so much, Rob, for the nametag! I can't wait. I sent you a PM with my address. And thanks to Yukio, aka Christopher Fonda, for inviting me to join the fun.

Top Bottom