Strings by Mail

Jerryc41

Reaction score
Strings by Mail has never disappointed me. After ordering a couple of Worth Brown low-G strings, they arrived two days later.

While tuning my new Cocobolo 5-string, the low-G string broke. (You'll notice I didn't say I broke it. ;) It just broke.) After putting it on last night, the uke came to life. The combination of high and low G is very nice.

I like Strings By Mail and also Strings And Beyond (https://www.stringsandbeyond.com/). Depending on order size, shipping costs and sales, one or the other may be significantly cheaper. The Ukulele Site has a good selection of strings, too.

I ordered a bunch of strings from Strings by Mail even though I live all the way in Europe. Shipping obviously took a while but other than that there were no issues. I usually prefer more local (within EU) shops for strings but if I can't find something I'm looking for I will often check this shop. Great selection, great service, low shipping costs. What's not to like?

I like Strings By Mail and also Strings And Beyond (https://www.stringsandbeyond.com/). [SNIP]

I use both. I've noticed that Strings By Mail seems to be the quickest to update their website pictures when the packages change, so I usually go with them. Thinking that Strings by Mail might have newer strings because of newer web pictures is probably not correct, but still ...

Strings by Mail is my go to. Being in Canada, shipping cost makes or breaks the deal for me, but they've been good in all respects as well as reasonable shipping charges.

I ordered from them about a month ago for the first time, I was so impressed that it would take special circumstances for me to get strings from another source.

Well, now I’m disappointed! I ordered strings from them late last night and they haven’t arrived yet. I figured they’d ship by Tardis and I’d have gotten them yesterday morning :) :) :)

I was going to get UkeLogics, but HMS’s mobile site is badly broken, kept losing my cart, and wanted me to give my CC before showing the final tally with the shipping cost. That was enough to tilt the coin flip from UkeLogic strings from HMS to Worth’s from SbM. Yeah, I could have pulled out the laptop, but I also haven’t tried Worths yet and like to experiment.

I was going to get UkeLogics, but HMS’s mobile site is badly broken, kept losing my cart, and wanted me to give my CC before showing the final tally with the shipping cost. That was enough to tilt the coin flip from UkeLogic strings from HMS to Worth’s from SbM. Yeah, I could have pulled out the laptop, but I also haven’t tried Worths yet and like to experiment.

Next time, try the Uke Logic Etsy store. I think you'll have better luck dealing directly with Joel rather than getting buried in HMS.

Next time, try the Uke Logic Etsy store. I think you'll have better luck dealing directly with Joel rather than getting buried in HMS.
Good idea. I'll keep that in mind for the next set!

I just ordered a new set for my banjouke from Strings By Mail.

Good idea. I'll keep that in mind for the next set!

I had that same issue with the HMS website so I have been going directly to Joel Etsy.

I live in Europe and at one time their automatic shipping calculator showed higher than I was used to but a mail made them go through the calculator and find a cheaper rate for Europe, so they really respond to their customers.

Their prices are also good. I can save on just 2 sets of strings plus shipping, compared to local prices.

I also like their little personal greeting with every order :)

Last edited:
I just ordered a couple of soprano sets and a Fremont Soloist Low G from Strings by Mail. I like that reorders will be easy for exactly what I like.

I can buy quality ghs strings from Strings by Mail and have them delivered to Australia for less than I can buy them here. They're great I use nothing else now. Particularly on my Baritones where they just keep on keeping on.

Another thumbs up for Strings by Mail. They are fast,convenient,acccurate and affordable - pretty much all you can ask for.

Top Bottom