HMS bari uke shipping box

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
Does anyone still have an old HMS box laying around that your baritone ukulele came shipped in? I need to find out general dimensions for a box sized to ship a Pono baritone ukulele that I’m readying for sale. I need the basic L x W x H dimensions of the box. Also, if the label that mentions the weight of the box with uke inside is still intact, I would also love to know what your uke/box weighed in at as well. Thanks for your help!

I have a 23" scale bass uke box I recently received which should give you room to pad the baritone very well.

box 23" scale.jpg

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Almost forgot to mention, use www.shipbikes.com, they have a deal with FedEx that's half the price of anyone else. I've sent 4 bass ukes with them in the last 3 months.

Cool! Yes, sounds great! Thanks for the reminder about that web site! Do you happen to know if you have to drop off the package at a FedEx location, or will they be able to have FedEx come pick it up from one’s location?

Cool! Yes, sounds great! Thanks for the reminder about that web site! Do you happen to know if you have to drop off the package at a FedEx location, or will they be able to have FedEx come pick it up from one’s location?

Either one, they do both.

Last time I sold a uke I went to my local music store. For $15 they made me a custom box a packed it. It arrived at its destination in perfect condition.

It did help that I am good friends with the owner and a lot of the staff. But I think they would do it for anyone.

Some music stores will sell you a box, or even give you one if you're lucky.

I recently ordered a Pono Baritone uke from HMS and still have the box. The dimensions are: 36" x 15.5" x 7.5".

The label on the box says the shipping weight was 13.44 lbs.

Last time I sold a uke I went to my local music store. For $15 they made me a custom box a packed it. It arrived at its destination in perfect condition.

It did help that I am good friends with the owner and a lot of the staff. But I think they would do it for anyone.

That is awesome, thanks for sharing this - a fantastic idea!!!

Some music stores will sell you a box, or even give you one if you're lucky.

I recently ordered a Pono Baritone uke from HMS and still have the box. The dimensions are: 36" x 15.5" x 7.5".

The label on the box says the shipping weight was 13.44 lbs.

Hey, Steedy! Thank you SO much!!!! Perfect!!! Congratulations on your new Pono bari!!!! ~ Chelle

Top Bottom