Poll- How many ukes do you own?

Five (5) ukes. Started playing in May.
6 mountain dulcimers. Since I took up uke in May, have sold 3 dulcimers on the net. More to sell.
Around 30, 10 hole harmonicas
Around 20 tremolo harmonicas
Two flutes
1 lap harp 26 string
1 custom built kazoo.
3 pianos reside in our home.

Last edited:
Well, if we're bragging... besides 34 stringed instruments I have about another hundred noisemakers. My database shows about 30 harmonicas, 15 fipple flutes (recorders, ocarinas, tinwhistles, flageolets, etc), a dozen other whistles, the concertina and melodica, a dozen synths of various sorts, a score of percussion, and some miscellany. (Bullroarers, etc.)

But compare that with photo stuff. I have upwards of 250 lenses, of which 50 are in the 50mm range. Compared to another lens accumulator with about 10x as many, I am a piker, a miser. Another view: I have about 40 cameras of which a dozen are 'toys'. I know of one "toy camera" collector who has upwards of 1500 of the cute little beasts. And my rich bro-in-law has DOZENS of high-end Leicas, Hasselblads, Bronicas, Linhofs, etc SHRINK_WRAPPED and stored for... whatever, I never caught the rationale.

So, think of an 'uke accumulator with dozens or hundreds of little axes SHRINK-WRAPPED and stored for protection. Kinda pervy, eh? I'm reminded of a recent news article about hoarders making firefighters' jobs harder because of all the STUFF. Fire in an 'uke collection would be a nightmare.

Three at the moment, but I only play one of them. The other two are in a closet up in the spare bedroom. I'm not really enamored with one of those, and I think I might give it to the neighbor girl eventually.

IMG_1259.jpgSorry gang. I have about 135 in my collection right now--mostly sopranos from the 1920s-'30s--but I do have my share of Martins, Favillas, Wendell Halls, and a batch of banjo ukes including a Ludwig Professional. Those are my "collectibles.' My players include those plus some Ponos, Kamakas, Kalas, etc. I think I have the ukulele acquisition syndrome (UAS)! The photo is of a few of my "wall hangers" that are on display in our powder room. My wife indulges me!

View attachment 83822Sorry gang. I have about 135 in my collection right now--mostly sopranos from the 1920s-'30s--but I do have my share of Martins, Favillas, Wendell Halls, and a batch of banjo ukes including a Ludwig Professional. Those are my "collectibles.' My players include those plus some Ponos, Kamakas, Kalas, etc. I think I have the ukulele acquisition syndrome (UAS)! The photo is of a few of my "wall hangers" that are on display in our powder room. My wife indulges me!

Powder room? Why the powder room?
It sounds like your wife not only indulges you, she enables you!
More pics, more pics!

.... I, uh, added one more to my small family of ukes. I'm now at two tenors, two sopranos, one concert, and one longneck pineapple soprano (this one is new). I also have a plywood soprano from those starter bundles, which isn't really playable.

Like rabbits.

Six. Soprano, concert, tenor, resonator tenor, banjo uke, baritone.

8. I bought 5 this year ... some intentionally, others kind of just showed up ...

I make my tally 12:

4 soprano, 2 concert, 2 tenor
3 electric: one each of sop, con & ten; (all Risa, 1 stick, 2 Uke'Ellie)
1 concert Banjo uke

1 tenor
1 Kamaka Ohta-san (kind of in between concert and tenor)
7 concerts
1 banjo uke concert
1 beach only Fluke

Three. One each of soprano, concert, and tenor. All three are made of koa wood.

Tony

Top Bottom