Poll- How many ukes do you own?

The Hilo- strung for a lefty
The Kala
The soprano Kala
and a Fluke

That's one for every member of my household. We obviously need more for when we have company!

6 total
5 full customs from a variety of makers and one flea.

I have had ~15 or so bigger ukes and have traded/sold everything that was not up to my standards.

I do want another Glyph though, a concert in koa rope bound. Need to get in line thoughh.

The one's you can see in my sig:
My first was a Makala dolpin soprano.:eek:
I was bought a Rich Wood tenor for Christmas.
I then bought a Kala KA-JTE2TS Arch Top tobacco burst tenor. love those f-holes!
I have possession of my sister's old musima banjo uke.
My friend bought me an 8 string banjo ukulele, although I think it may be a mandolin :confused:

And then there's the outstanding Mainland concert ukulele we won in the All Things Reggae contest. I share ownership of this with The Smooth Newt (that's the half). I gotta say, this is my fave of the bunch. Lovely sound and great action! I may have to go halves with Newt and buy another one so we can have one each. The UAS begins :eek: Don't worry, Adzuki isn't gonna lose out, we're gonna buy him his first ukulele for his part.

Last edited:

The one's you can see in my sig:
My first was a Makala dolpin soprano.:eek:
I was bought a Rich Wood tenor for Christmas.
I then bought a Kala KA-JTE2TS Arch Top tobacco burst tenor. love those f-holes!
I have possession of my sister's old musima banjo uke.
My friend bought me an 8 string banjo ukulele, although I think it may be a mandolin :confused:

And then there's the outstanding Mainland concert ukulele we won in the All Things Reggae contest. I share ownership of this with The Smooth Newt (that's the half). I gotta say, this is my fave of the bunch. Lovely sound and great action! I may have to go halves with Newt and buy another one so we can have one each. The UAS begins :eek: Don't worry, Adzuki isn't gonna lose out, we're gonna buy him his first ukulele for his part.

Yah, I bet that 8 stringer is a banjolin. but I bet it sounds great strung as a uke!

Three are mine:

Favilla B-2 Baritone
Marca Aquila Soprano
Kohala (Lanikai) signed by Jake

One is my son's:
P'mico Soprano

I play the Marca Aquila the most. I play my son's P'mico quite a bit, but the strings are a little high when you get down around the 12th fret. I play the Favilla baritone only occasionally now - but it deserves more attention. I play the Kohala not at all. The intonation is so lousy that it is painful for me to play it. I'm only keeping it because it is signed by Jake.

I think the best sounding one is actually the Favilla baritone. It is just rich. The sound is like plumcake... chocolate. I love it. I would play it more, but I really want to master the soprano. The Marca Aquila is very good, but not as good as the Favilla. I guess the company learned a few things and made improvements between those early days and the time they made my baritone. The Marca Aquila is a first generation product of the company. The Favilla is a product of the company in its maturity.

If the P'mico was fully restored it might give the Marca Aquila a run for its money. I like the sound very much. It is plunky and banjo-like. Very "early American" sounding. I think it would be great for stuff on the folk end of the spectrum.

We used to have a Discovery First Act, but my son gave it away.

I've got 4 1/2 :
A KoAloha concert
A flea
A Lori's uke concert
A pokelele
and for my 1/2 I have a Grizzly kit soprano that I need to make.

My first ukulele -- a Hawaiian Ukulele Company student concert is now circling the globe for the Sisterhood of the traveling Ukuleles. Guess it's not really mine anymore.

I've got 4 1/2 :
A KoAloha concert
A flea
A Lori's uke concert
A pokelele

My first ukulele -- a Hawaiian Ukulele Company student concert is now circling the globe for the Sisterhood of the traveling Ukuleles. Guess it's not really mine anymore.

coolness!

i wanna koaloha concert!

I've got 4 1/2 :
A KoAloha concert
A flea
A Lori's uke concert
A pokelele

All those, and you have no video?:D

On a more serious note, can you elaborate on the pokelele? Does it feature a Pikachu or anything?

I don't know what a Pikachu is, but a pokelele is a strange uke made in the sixties. It's got a curved neck which was supposed to be used to put in the sand. Wood construction with plastic pegs and fretboard. I need to break the neck and straighten it out. The action is WAY too high. I have it hanging by my practice area. It's kinda cool looking. Google it and you'll see one.

No vids cuz I suck. but I think about making one all the time.

I don't know what a Pikachu is, but a pokelele is a strange uke made in the sixties. It's got a curved neck which was supposed to be used to put in the sand. Wood construction with plastic pegs and fretboard. I need to break the neck and straighten it out. The action is WAY too high. I have it hanging by my practice area. It's kinda cool looking. Google it and you'll see one.

No vids cuz I suck. but I think about making one all the time.

This is a Pikachu. One of the world's most popular Pokemon.

I'll take a look around Google to see this "pokelele".

Top Bottom