Hello from California

bento

Reaction score
Fellow uke player from Southern California here. I'm self-taught, and its been pretty lonely just playing by myself, so I wanted to join a community that have common interests. I'd consider myself a skilled newbie. I can play some pretty cool stuff, but don't know how restring a ukelele, or even research what uke fits my playing style lol. I love listening to ukelele musicians, my favorites being Derick Sebastian, Feng E, and Kalei Gamiao. Who's your favorite musician?

I use the Lanikai CKCGC Concert

Thank you!:D

Welcome to UU, Bento!
I hope that you're safe there between COVID-19 and the fires ...

Hi and welcome! I don't know Derick Sebastion, but the other two are faves of mine.
There are some restringing videos on YouTube.
Be safe, be well.

Welcome! I'm new to the uke (and have no prior musical experience). Lots of great musicians on Ukulele Underground. I've got to say, I love all the well known names... Jake, Taimane and the rest, but I tend to listen to average people more than the well known pro's. Maybe because their playing seems more relatable and attainable to me? Anyway, enjoy your uke journey!

There are several uke sites that have tips on how to care for your uke, restringing ukes with various types of bridges. And how to select the right ukes for you.

Barry Maz's site: GotaUkulele.com is a good place to start. It has lots of tips and general info about ukuleles. Including how to string a ukulele.

TheUkuleleSite.com has a great YouTube video about stringing various bridge types by their chief setup technician.

Welcome!

Last edited:
Welcome to UU, Bento!
I hope that you're safe there between COVID-19 and the fires ...

Actually, really scary out here, it looks like another planet at times. I'm staying safe though. Ty for the reply!

Actually, really scary out here, it looks like another planet at times. I'm staying safe though. Ty for the reply!

Your COVID-19 mask should also help to filter out the ash particles as well. That's the only positive thing I can say about the virus and the fires.

Best of luck to you and yours. Stay safe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom